Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
PTSD Therapy: Online Counseling and Support
- PTSD counseling and therapy services for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) from war, abuse, natural disaster, terrorism, or street violence.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Librarian's Guide to Books About Trauma
- Article by Fred Lerner, head of the PILOTS database.
Ask the Therapist about PTSD
- Ask Laura Russell Ph.D. about post traumatic stress disorder.
Australasian Journal of Disaster and Trauma Studies
- An electronic journal which discusses the effect of disasters and trauma.
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- A paper by Richard Cross, a UK psychotherapist, about critical incident stress in occupational settings. Evaluates the nature of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and how it manifests itself in the individual.
David Baldwin's Trauma Information Pages
- Information for clinicians and researchers in the traumatic-stress field.
Gift From Within
- A private, non-profit organization dedicated to those who suffer PTSD, those at risk for PTSD, and those who care for traumatized individuals; it develops and disseminates educational material, including videotapes, articles, books, and a resource catalog.
I Have Survived
- A survivor's story, resources, U.S. and U.K. based forums, and information for significant others.
Information on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Causes and symptoms of PTSD. Online survey.
International Brotherhood of Walking Wounded
- Peace and healing missions for PTSD veterans and their families, chat room and message forum, treatise "The Long Journey Home".
It Really Is Okay To Talk About It
- Contains many anecdotal sites from people with mental health issues. The author, an ex-police officer, tells his story of PTSD. It also contains a large section devoted to abuse issues.
Laurie W's Story
- A personal account from a woman dealing with PTSD and Dissociative Disorder.
Mayo Clinic: Post Traumatic Distress Disorder
- A description of symptoms, complications, and treatments for the disorder.
MentalHealthChannel - PTSD
- Offers an overview, symptoms, prognosis, diagnosis and treatment information.
Military Veterans PTSD Reference Manual
- Online manual for veterans which outlines information on recognition and diagnosis of PTSD, and available therapies and treatment.
Neonatal Circumcision Reconsidered
- Reports four cases of PTSD in adult circumcised males. The original trauma was the neonatal circumcision.
Neurobiological Sequelae of Childhood Trauma
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorders in Children. Scholarly paper by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- A powerful search tool of thousands of journal articles, books, and other documents pertaining to psychological trauma, maintained at Dartmouth.
- For ex-service men or women who have served in Bosnia, Kosavo, Gulf or NI and are ill. Resources, information, and stress warning signs.
- Books, articles, journals related to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor