Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alcohol-induced rosacea flushing blocked by naloxone
- We evaluated the roles of endogenous opioid peptides and histamine in the pathophysiology of alcohol-induced facial flushing in rosacea
Anti-oxidant action of metronidazole
- To elucidate the mechanism of action of metronidazole in the treatment of rosacea, the effect of metronidazole on the generation of reactive oxygen species was examined both in neutrophil and xanthine-xanthine oxidase systems.
Archives of Dermatology
- A publication of the American Medical Association which not only contains reports on clinical investigations and discussions related to the skin, but ethical and political issues as well.
Demodex mites in acne rosacea.
- Very short abstract. I would stress the "might" in the conclusion -ed.
Does visual display terminal work provoke rosacea?
- According to some reports, mainly from Norway, visual display terminal (VDT) work has been thought to cause rashes. .
Effect of Treatment of Helicobacter pylori Infection on Rosacea
- Arch Dermatol. 135;659-663, June 1999, Effect of Treatment of Helicobacter pylori Infection on Rosacea, Joel T. M. Bamford, MD; Robert L. Tilden, DrPH, MPH; Janet L. Blankush, RN; David E. Gangeness,
Effect of subdepressor clonidine on flushing reactions in rosacea.
- The effects of clonidine hydrochloride, an agent effective in suppressing other types of flushing reactions, were investigated in patients with erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
Flushing in rosacea: a possible mechanism
- Flushing in rosacea has been investigated by means of (a) pharmacological inhibition of some possible chemical mediators and (b) titration of bradykinin as a possible effector directly in the blood
Involvement of immune mechanisms in the pathogenesis of rosacea
- wenty-five patients with rosacea were compared with twenty-five control subjects for previous medical history and tests of immune function
Management of rhinophyma with carbon dioxide laser
- The carbon dioxide (CO2) laser as a surgical tool for the difficult cosmetic problem of rhinophyma permits unprecedented refinement in treatment.
Methods and complications of rhinophyma excision
- For years cosmetic surgeons have sought methods of treatment of large rhinophyma. These include creation of flaps with excision of excess skin, dermabrasion, free-hand shave, and others.
Metronidazole, its bioactive metabolites and acne
- Metronidazole's activity has been established in both acneiform rosacea and acne vulgaris
- Ocular rosacea was diagnosed in 6.3% of a cornea/external disease referral practice where more than half of the patients referred are for corneal surgery.
Oral thermal-induced flushing in erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
- The effects of caffeine and coffee, agents widely alleged to provoke flushing in patients with erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, were investigated. <snip> It is concluded that the active agent causing flushing in coffee at 60 degrees C is heat, not caffeine.
Pancreatic exocrine function in rosacea
- As some rosacea patients complain of gastrointestinal troubles and the administration of pancreatic extracts ameliorates both dyspepsia and skin lesions, the pancreatic exocrine function in 21 subjects affected with rosacea has been investigated by means of the secretin-cerulein infusion test
Perioral dermatitis: a 12-year review
- A continuing study of perioral dermatitis over a period of 12 years is presented.
PubMed medline query
- Perioral dermatitis in children--clinical presentation, pathogenesis-related factors and response to topical metronidazole.
Rilmenidine in rosacea:
- Clonidine only was employed in order to treat flushes observed in rosacea.
Steroid Rosacea in Prepubertal Children
- Aim: To examine clinical associations, family history of rosacea, and response to treatment in prepubertal children with steroid rosacea.
Tear lactoferrin levels in chronic meibomitis associated with acne rosacea
- PURPOSE: To determine tear lactoferrin levels in patients with chronic diffuse meibomitis associated with acne rosacea and to investigate their role in the development and perpetuation of some inflammatory ocular surface complications
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor