Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
- Psoriasis information - articles and videos about psoriasis. Learn about symptoms and treatment for psoriasis and other skin problems from Understanding Psoriasis.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
BioSpace - Psoriasis Drugs in Clinical Development
- This is a search result showing a detailed matrix of the current pharmaceutical projects targeting psoriasis.
CenterWatch - Current Psoriasis Research Trials
- This is a maintained list of clinical trials, organized by state. Background details of the research centers and staff are available, along with an overview of the FDA approval process for new drugs.
Fish Oils and Psoriasis
- This site shows abstracts of journal articles that have cited benefits of taking fish oils for psoriasis. Other reports on oils have shown mixed results, while studies of eating fatty fish have been more successful.
NIH - Clinical Trials of Psoriasis treatments
- A list of current psoriasis drug trials listed with the US National Institute of Health.
NIH - OMIM Database Psoriasis References
- References to psoriasis in abstracts on genetics research, from the NIH Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man project.
NIH MEDLINE - Psoriasis Research Abstracts
- The latest psoriasis research being reported in peer reviewed medical journals, presented as search options.
NIH MEDLINEplus - Psoriasis
- Clinical trials via the National Institute of Health.
NIH Psoriasis Inheritance and Genetics Research
- An ongoing summary of research related to the genetics of psoriasis, with links to detailed abstracts and genome databases.
NIH PubMed - Psoriasis Diet Therapy Abstract Search
- Recent findings hint that antigluten antibodies may be implicated in some cases. Consumption of oily fish has also been researched. Mixed results from other oils show that the mechanism may not be a simple one. Anecdotal reports on flax seed oil will hopefully spur more research.
- A bibliography of alternative therapies, herbs, and dietary supplements that have been researched for possible psoriasis benefit.
Psoriasis Genetics Page
- The Psoriasis Genetics Laboratory at the University of Michigan is a well known and prestigious research facility. Contains descriptions of current research/clinical studies, articles on genetic research, and related links.
Psoriasis Research - Mega Techno Speak
- A well studied college report on psoriasis, packed with facts.
Psoriasis Research Institute
- Run by retired Stanford Dermatology department chairman and noted researcher Dr Eugene Farber, MD. This site offers valuable tips for controlling psoriasis, and concise summaries of the newest treatments. Well organized and very readable.
Psoriasis Research News - National Psoriasis Foundation
- This popular site provides an overview of current psoriasis research and details of research funded in part by the NPF, plus news of ongoing developments and clinical trials. Includes an archive of past Research Roundup articles from the NPF Bulletin.
Psoriasis Research Organisation - India
- This site supplies a free trial of their SORICURE-PCS herbal treatment that they determine from an online consultation to be "only the most needy and genuine patients". They ask that those who wish to continue the treatment become members and sponsor the treatment of other patients.
Thomas Jefferson University - Neoral Pregnancy Registry
- This is a research study to gather information regarding the safety of using Neoral during pregnancy. Neoral is a brand of cyclosporin, a potent immunosupressant. First used to prevent transplant rejection, it is now used in the treatment of psoriasis and arthritis. All women taking the drug during pregnancy are encouraged to contact the researchers via a toll free number.
eBMJ - Psoriasis Articles
- A search of full-text articles published in the British Medical Journal.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor