Conditions and Diseases
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Lung Association
- Information about A1AD related emphysema which is caused by an inherited lack of a protective protein called alpha1-antitrypsin. Some of the topics discussed are who is at risk, symptoms and treatment.
Ask Dr Stoll
- An article about emphysema patients pulmonary function improving by very gentle rebounding.
Center for Chest Disease and Respiratory Failure
- Discussion of volume reduction surgery to improve emphysema.
- FAQs about emphysema.
- An abstract on emphysema, discussing signs, symptoms, tests, and treatment.
- A description of the disorder, followed by links to clinical trials, associations and technical papers.
Emphysema Surgery Center
- Information as to the treatment options and the services that are available.
Every Breath You Take
- Information about preventing and treating emphysema from US Food and Drug Administration.
Facts About Emphysema
- Information from the American Lung Association of Georgia.
Florida Health Site
- An in depth look at emphysema including a definitions, facts, treatment, prevention and statistics.
- Signs, symptoms, and treatment of emphysema.
International Health News Database
- Summaries of the latest research concerning fish oils and emphysema and cystic fibrosis.
Johns Hopkins University
- Interactive respiratory physiology for emphysema.
Lung Volume Reduction Surgery for the Treatment of Severe Emphysema
- An article from Harrison Online written by Robert M. Rogers, MD.
- A look at the causes, symptoms, and treatment for emphysema.
Mount Auburn Hospital
- An article about emphysema with a description, a look at the causes, symptoms and treatment.
- The first multi-center clinical trial designed to determine the role, safety, and effectiveness of bilateral lung volume reduction surgery in the treatment of emphysema.
NHLBI/HCFA Lung Volume Reduction Surgery Study Participants Announced
- A press release.
National Emphysema Foundation
- Information about the organization that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with emphysema, asthma and related diseases. Included are featured articles and resources.
National Emphysema Treatment Trial
- Information about a research study, news room, glossary and resources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor