Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Shingles (herpes zoster), chickenpox and post-herpetic neuralgia. Essential facts and more detailed information, including management guidelines for health workers.
AHMF: Varicella Zoster Virus
- Shingles information from the Australian Herpes Management Forum
- Resources and support for people suffering from shingles or postherpetic neuralgia (the pain after shingles) and their caregivers.
- Listing of Clinical Research Trials for Herpes Zoster Infections
Dear Dr. Becky: Shingles: Description and Treatment
- Shingles, known medically as herpes zoster, is caused by the varicella-zoster virus, the same one that causes chickenpox in children.
DermatologyChannel - Shingles
- Shingles is a painful condition caused by a reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus in people who have had chicken pox. Includes cause and incidence, signs and symptoms, complications, treatment, and prognosis.
Extendedcare.com: Shingles in older adults.
- Topics covered include causes, treatments, ongoing research, and links to other resources.
Eye MD Link
- An article about how the herpes zoster virus may also affect the eye in a condition known as herpes zoster ophthalmicus.
Facts About Shingles (Varicella-Zoster Virus)
- Fact sheet explaining shingles, causes and treatment from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
HealthSource - Shingles
- Source: Dr. David Winters
- An overview of this disorder which is commonly known as shingles. A look at the signs and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Herpes Zoster (Shingles) Eye Infections
- The eyes are sometimes affected by herpes zoster. This is due to the fact that the eyes are connected to nerves that may be infected with the herpes zoster virus.
Herpes Zoster Shingles
- Shingles (herpes zoster) is a nerve infection caused by the chicken-pox virus. Shingles results from reactivation of the chicken-pox virus that remained in your body since you had chicken pox--perhaps many years ago.
Hope Through Research: Shingles
- A comprehensive informational booklet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
- Contains information about chicken pox: what is it, how it is transmitted, how long it lasts and other details.
Mayo Clinic: Shingles
- The condition defined plus symptoms, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment and methods of self-care.
Medinfo: Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Easy to understand information for patients on shingles (Herpes Zoster), a painful, blistering rash caused by the chickenpox (varicella) virus which affects only a limited area of skin. Written by a UK general practitioner.
- Detailed information on shingles disease and postherpetic neuralgia and related nutritional supplements and herbs.
Patient Information - Shingles
- An online dermatology resource for patients, GP's and dermatologists
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome Type I
- Also known as herpes zoster oticus, an information page compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor