Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- National Institutes of Health status of research of prevalence in the U.S. elder population and current research.
Brian's Eye Story
- A personal encounter. Contains photographs, new research, low vision aids, links, personal story and home eye tests.
Center for the Study of Macular Degeneration
- Biomedical research unit located at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Description, treatments, risk factors and research.
- An overview of macular degeneration, followed by links to recent articles, clinical trials, support groups and up-to-date news.
Duke University Eye Center
- Macular translocation surgery for the wet form of age-related macular degeneration.
Judy's Jolts of Hope
- A collection of essays describing a journey towards acceptance of the devastating eye disease, macular degeneration. Written to offer hope for people with sudden vision loss.
- The story my experience Macular Degeneration and Submacular Surgery is posted to provide positive, hopeful and helpful information to Macular Degeneration Newbies. Includes links to resources and MD Support Inc. internet support group.
Macula Surgery MD
- This is a comprehensive site developed by Retina Specialists of Alabama LLC. The site covers many aspects of macula surgery.
Macular Degeneration A to Z
- A graphic, illustrative description of the types of macular degeneration and the available treatments.
Macular Degeneration Alternative Eye Care
- Alternative medicine eye care site to help protect vision for those with macular degeneration and other eye diseases. Contains well-documented nutritional guidelines, self-help and prevention information.
Macular Degeneration Help Center
- Resources and information on age-related macular degeneration from the Macular Degeneration Partnership, coalition of patients, families and leaders in the fields of vision and aging.
Macular Degeneration Information
- Information from HealthAtoZ with an Amsler Grid eye test to check for loss of vision.
Macular Degeneration Research
- This program was established to fund research on and educate the public about macular degeneration.
Macular Degeneration Support
- Internet community offering information and support for people with it.
Macular Degeneration: There is Hope
- Article by Dr. Marc Grossman describing macular degeneration and natural approaches to preserving vision.
- Comprehensive guide to macular degeneration, research updates, consumer tips, advice and links.
Natural Treatment May Stall Blindness
- The leading cause of blindness among the elderly, affecting one quarter of the aging population, macular degeneration may be reversible.
New Treatment Options
- New treatments for the wet form of Age-related Macular Degeneration include limited retinal translocation and laser treatment called photodynamic therapy.
Researching the Cause of Macular Degeneration
- The goal of current research in age-releted macular degeneration is to understand the aging process of particular types of cells in the eye, so that the onset of the disease can be delayed and eventually prevented.
Retinal Degeneration Discussion List
- Search the archives, join the list and post from this site.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor