Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abnormal Sex Differentiaton
- Publication that will help parents and patients understand intersexuality and the challenges that accompany syndromes of "abnormal" sex differentiation. From the Johns Hopkins Children's Center.
Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
- Guidelines for dealing with individuals with ambiguous genitalia. Milton Diamond, Ph.D. and H. Keith Sigmundson, M.D.
CAH Our Voices and Our Stories
- Contains information on the psychological and emotional aspects of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. A message board is also included in this site.
Cah Support Group
- Information on this genetic disease and what the support group aims to do and how to contact us.
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- A simple explanation from a parent's point of view, and a personal story of experiences with a child that has this condition.
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Support Group
- Information about the support group and the service it provides.
Controversy Over Genital Surguries Heats up at Annual Pediatrics Conference
- Noted sex researcher Milton Diamond, in an invited lecture last Saturday, told the American Academy of Pediatrics that the time has come to instate a general moratorium on genital surgeries and sex reassignments performed on intersex children without their consent
- National News - Newsweek & New York Times cover ontersex genital mutlation (IGM)
Intersex Individuals Dispute Wisdom of Surgery on Infants
- Human rights for intersexuals. Intersex individuals dispute wisdom of surgery on infants
Late Onset Congenital Adrenal hyperplasia
- Information and links about this genetic disease.
New Scientist Planet Science: The truth about women
- A new anatomical study shows there is more to the clitoris than anyone ever thought. Susan Williamson and Rachel Nowak report.
Paper by Morgan Holmes: Long Version
- This paper discusses the surgical and medical management of intersexed children in terms of a relationship of violence in which the intersexed infants/children are completely disenfranchised, it highlights the similarities between traditional practises of female genital mutilation and genital 'reconstructive surgery', fleshes out tensions around complicity in the genital mutilation of intersexed infants and children, and views homophobia as a motivating factor in the management of intersexed bodies.
- Article about performing cosmetic surgery and the pros and cons of it.
Prenatal Treatment for Virilising (21-hydroxylase deficient)
- Description of prenatal treatment using dexamethasone to stop virilization of females.
The Tyranny of the Esthetic
- This article by Martha Coventry discusses the emtional and psychological trauma produced by genital surgery.
Thrive on Line: Dear Dr Bill
- An answer to a question about not wanting to undress in a doctors office.
- To create a network of New Zealand intersexed people for the purposes of peer group support and the development of identity and public awareness. To develop our understanding of current medical models and their applications.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor