Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Australian Hearing Services
- Providing treatment for hearing related problems including ear infection and deafness. Government subsidised services including fm system, cochlear implants and bernafon.
British Deaf Association
- Organization that promotes sign language and deaf issues. Provides a central resource for deaf people from across the world to communicate and share experiences, and offers information to both deaf and hearing people alike on useful resources.
Center for Hearing and Deafness Research, Children's Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati
- Includes research activities and contact details.
Children of Deaf Adults (CODA) International
- A non-profit organization for the adult hearing sons and daughters of deaf parents.
Constance Brown Hearing Centers
- Provides information concerning types of hearing aids, hearing loss and anatomy of the ear and FAQs. Lists developmental speech and hearing milestones for infants and children . Links to other sites, newsletters, products and the effects of noise on hearing is discussed.
Deaf Aid Society
- An NGO formed to provide specialized schooling and vocational training for children suffering from significant or total hearing loss.
Deaf Native Americans
- Links to resource organization for deaf Native Americans.
- Maximizes the self-sufficiency of socially and economically disadvantaged, multihandicapped deaf persons.
Deafblind Access of the South
- Details about this organization, including its aim which is for the enrichment of Deaf-Blind individuals. Information about DBAS Camp and its activities which include workshops, horseback riding and other challenges.
- This child-friendly site acts as a hub for communication between schools and deaf individuals. Includes chat room and video conferencing facilities, as well as learning resources for deaf children. Requires registration for full content.
Deafness Research Foundation
- America's only voluntary health organization committed to curing and preventing all forms of hearing loss, and making lifelong hearing health a national priority.
Deafness and Family Communication Center
- The DFCC conducts research addressing the impact on the mental health and well-being of children, adolescents, and their families. Includes publications and links.
Delmarva Society for Deaf Children
- Involve parents, families and community members in supporting deaf and hard of hearing children by promoting their quality participation within the community and school and their inherent rights to equal educational opportunities.
Helen Beebe Speech and Hearing Center
- Includes general information, hearing loss, programs, audio-verbal therapy, parental involvement and organizations.
Helen Keller Foundation
- Includes details about the organization, research, education, testimonials, contributions and contact information.
Irish Art and Cultural Society of the Deaf
- Provides information about the Society, along with general deaf and cultural information. Also provides many links to other sites, and includes a section to learn Irish sign language.
Minuteman Implant Club
- Details about the organization based in Massachusetts for cochlear implant users and families, and for educators and clinicians. Also information on the Northeast Regional Family Retreat in Sturbridge, MA June 29-July 1, 2001.
NTID Counseling Services
- Assists students enrolled in the College of NTID at RIT. The National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) is the world's largest technical college for deaf students.
South-east Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Information about the agency who serves and advocates on behalf of those with hearing problems in south-eastern New Brunswick. Includes details about the programs, services, equipment and contact.
The National Deaf Children's Society
- Charity for deaf children based in the United Kingdom.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor