Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Sun Protection is a Fact of Life
- Sun protection must be practiced daily in order to prevent or delay skin cancers such as Melanoma. Your eyesight might potentially suffer from Macular Degeneration and other diseases too.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Source for Melanoma Information
- An increased awareness of melanoma and the importance of skin-cancer screening have allowed doctors to diagnosis a greater number of melanoma cases early.
ABCDs of Melanoma Detection
- Look for Danger Signs in Pigmented Lesions of the Skin.
Canadian Melanoma Foundation
- Offers contact information for donation to the Canadian Melanoma Foundation.
Diagnosis of Melanoma
- How to Recognize a Melanoma. Created as a tutorial for medical students.
Early Diagnosis of Melanoma
- The computers in medicine: an aided diagnosis. Scientific site with many publications provided by the authors.
How is Melanoma Treated
- Treatment information from NCI for patients and general public. Written in lay language.
Imperial Cancer Research Fund
- Offers news and information about the prevention, treatment and cure of Melanoma. A UK charity site, it also provides details on volunteering and fundraising.
- Melanoma email list FAQ.
- A look at this disease, what it is, what to look for, diagnosis and treatment are some of the topics discussed.
Melanoma - The Daily Apple
- This article describes symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of this disease. An in depth look.
Melanoma Black Ribbon
- Melanoma means "black tumor". Black is the color of the warrior's mood when going into battle and the melanoma patient is in the battle for life.
- General information, suggested reading, prevention, treatments, clinical trials, and a message board.
Melanoma Clinical Trials
- Melanoma is a skin cancer found predominantly in Caucasians, particularly in fair skinned individuals who have experienced repeated sunburn.
- This FAQ was written as a public service, and is intended as an educational aid.
Melanoma Patient Educator and Counselor
- Melanoma patient educator and counselor at Melanoma Center at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
Melanoma Patients' Information Page
- Information and support to melanoma patients and those who care for them. Medical library, patient oriented abstract database, bulletin board, chat room.
Melanoma Research Foundation Home Page
- The MRF also serves as a resource for melanoma patients, their families and friends. Please share in our quest to conquer this deadly disease.
Melanoma Study Group
- An interdisciplinary group of clinicians and scientists at the Mayo Clinic, developing new and more effective therapies for malignant melanoma. Offers details about the group and clinical trials.
Mole Melanoma Site
- High quality photographs of melanomas, along with descriptive information intended to help people recognize the changes in moles and appearance of other skin lesions that could indicate malignant melanoma.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor