Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Details of a technology, which enables the identification of new transmembrane and secreted proteins that are involved in severe human diseases. Includes a mission statement, background, advantages, project status and applications.
Metronomic Dosing: Shrinking Cancer Tumors
- Metronomic dosing shrinks tumor and provides quality of life to cancer patients with low dose chemotherapy and anti-angiogenics. A personal story and some scientific journal articles.
Mike's Cancer Resource
- This web page was originally designed not only to be a personal tribute to Mike but also a resource page for those with cancer, their carers and families to find a series of links to cancer related web sites.
NCI's CancerNet Cancer Information
- A connection to a wide range of accurate, credible cancer information from the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Information reviewed regularly by oncology experts and based on the latest research. Has areas and features for patients, health professionals, and basic researchers.
- Information about diet and cancer prevention not treatment. Prevention of cancer in a person who has never had cancer is called primary prevention, which is the focus of this section.
Natural Ways to Prevent Cancer
- An article from Page Wise Inc. about the use vitamins, minerals, and supplements which researchers have deemed anti-cancer causing agents. Also offers detail about the disease and some of the traditional treatments.
- A physician guided site for patients, their families, and caregivers. Offers news, articles, webcasts, and treatment information.
- Extensive information for the patient, caregiver and clinician. Cancer news, disease oriented menus, causes and prevention, clinical trials, conferences, and psychosocial support, from the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center.
- Meeting place for oncology specialists and consumers. Information about experts, organizations, headlines, research and events.
- A detailed account of radiation treatments for cancer from a radiation therapist.
- A not-for-profit organization serving people with very rare cancers (neoplasms). Provides hard to find information on 120 truly rare cancers. Cancer statements written by Cancer Information Specialists are based on MedLine/CancerLit articles, and numerous oncology textbooks.
Real Cancer Cure.com
- Examines alternative, non-toxic cancer treatment options. Research and counseling from, by and for doctors and other critical care professionals.
Regaining Health After Cancer Treatment
- This site contains information about therapies to help people regain their health after standard cancer treatment with chemotherapy and radiation.
- Physician-edited site serving as an educational resource for patients with sarcomas to inform about the disease as well as options for treatment.
Shirley's Wellness Cafe
- Educational site promotes the holistic approach for cancer prevention and treatments with alternative to cut, burn and poison modalities of surgery, radiation and toxic drugs.
- Articles and information on different forms or cancers.
State Best Practices in Cancer Prevention and Control
- This new NGA web site is designed to provide a national clearinghouse of best practices in cancer control and prevention -- empowering states to share what works in the battle against cancer.
- An introduction to a kind of new herbal medicine which has strong effect against rectal cancer.
- Provides cancer and chemotherapy information, clinical trials, patient support and a mission statement, location, doctors and insurance details.
The Cancer Expedition
- Departing in January 2001, a vehicle-based expedition to circumnavigate the tropic of Cancer in aid of cancer research.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor