Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- In the free.* hierarchy, anyone can set up a new group. Here are simple instructions how to create a new newsgroup in the free.uk.* hierarchy and a list of newsservers which carry the free.uk.* groups.
Guidelines for Group Creation in the UK hierarchy
- Newsgroup creation process within uk.*
How To Write a Good Newgroup Message for Alt
- Detailed explanations on "newgroup" messages for alt.* groups, the type of control message which creates a newsgroup, and the correct way to write and send them.
How to Create a New Alt Newsgroup
- A very detailed set of step-by-step instructions on how to create an alt.* group. Related links concerning group creation guidelines in other hierarchies and FAQs about moderated groups.
How to Create a New Big-8 Newsgroup
- How to create a new usenet newsgroup in one of the Big-8 hierarchies. Written by David Lawrence.
How to Format and Submit a New Group Proposal
- For those who are preparing to propose the creation or reorganization of a group in the comp, humanities, misc, news, rec, sci, soc, or talk hierarchies (known collectively as the Big Eight).
Newsgroup Creation in the US Hierarchy
- Procedures for creation, removal, renaming, and/or reorganization of us.* hierarchy newsgroups, for amending newsgroup charters, for changing moderation status, and for other changes in us.*.
So You Want to Create an Alt Newsgroup
- Guide to creating Usenet groups in the alt.* hierarchy. Creating a successful alt newsgroup depends only on convincing news administrators tocarry your newsgroup. Here are tips to help you achieve this.
The Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process
- Documents the process to create, rename, remove, or change the moderation status of newsgroups in the Big Eight hierarchies. Written by Russ Allbery.
news.newusers.questions: Creating New Newsgroups
- Complete information on how to create newsgroups, in either the Big 8 hierarchy or an alt.* newsgroup and a few other assorted hierarchies.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor