Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
!Boot and Module Database
- Paul Vigay's page about the new !Boot structure, and Modules.
ANT Support - Applicaton notes
- Details the URL broadcast mechanism, DNS resolver SWI interface, MIME encoding of RISC OS files, mapping between MIME types and RISC OS filetypes, the RISC OS plug-in protocol. This page also includes source code to example programs (in BASIC and C) and a list of registered URLs, compatible applications and RISCOS filetypes and icons related to the internet.
ARM assembler programming site
- Targetted towards the ARM (2 thru 7, and StrongARM) from RISC OS, you may begin programming simply by using the BASIC assembler built into your computer. If you are a C programmer, the APCS is described.
- Assorted documentation for 32-bit and 8-bit machines, including Customer Services Application Notes and back issues from Acorn User magazine's Customer Hotline column.
- Test your knowledge of the platform here.
Acorn/RISC OS machines
- Untechnical history of Acorn machines, and an up to date look at where RISC OS machines are today.
BASIC Programming Tutorials
- A BASIC programming course for beginners. By Chris Wragg.
Books by Martyn Fox
- First Steps in Programming RISC OS Computers (Second Edition) released as a freeware DTP document.
E-Format Map explanation and FAQ
- The details of the E disc format, in a form that isn't overly technical, by Sergio Monesi.
Interrupt latency under RISC OS
- Timer1 interrupt problems [Liam Gretton]
MIME encoding of RISCOS files
- Details about the IANA registered media-type application/riscos [ANT]
Mapping MIME and RISCOS filetypes
- Use of the MimeMap module [ANT]
Norcroft C - Undocumented switches
- Documents official and 'unknown' switches for Norcroft C version 5.06 later [Justin Fletcher]
RISC OS overview & history
- General introductory information about what was 'Acorn Computers' and their operating system, RISC OS which is now being developed by RISC OS Ltd. [by Richard Atterer]
- Growing collection of up-to-date tutorials and documentation on a whole host of RISC OS essentials.
- General Acorn and RISC OS information, games FAQ, networking FAQ, and Acorn FTP and mail server archives information.
What's in a Name?
- Colin Sutton's history of Acorn-related company names.
comp.sys.acorn FAQ List
- Frequently Asked Questions (with answers) of the comp.sys.acorn.* newsgroups.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor