Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Open Source Speech Recognition System
- Carnegie Mellon Sphinx project. Real-time continuous speech recognition system. Downloadable source.
- Pretty Good Privacy Internet Phone allows encrypted talking over a network. MAC and PC versions available.
Philips Speech Processing
- FreeSpeech 2000 is Philips' latest entry to the burgeoning continuous speech dictation market. Although the software does not quite have the human factors features of, say, Dragon, it does have multi-lingual recognition for UK English, French, German, Spanish, Italian. Includes an SDK for speech enabling custom applications.
- Unix and Windows (cross-platform) voice telephony software.
- An ongoing speech recognition project for the Apple Macintosh, currently concentrating on enhancing command and control.
Speech Recognition News and Studies
- TMA Associates publishes Speech Recognition Update, an industry newsletter on the business, products, markets, and companies in speech recognition, text-to-speech, and speaker verification. The site contains headlines and recent news, as well as descriptions of TMA conferences and market studies in speech recognition.
Speech Recognition for In-car Use
- Germany based Böhme Datentechnik deals in hands-free systems having echo and noise cancellation features.
Speech Technology Center
- Russian organization providing unusual variety of speech processing products and services for research and development, speech recognition, voice verification, speaker identification, noise reduction in speech signals, noise cancellation, forensic examination, audio analysis, logging and communication channel protection.
Speech and Handwriting Recognition
- Advanced Recognition Technologies, Inc. - designs, develops and distributes speech and handwriting recognition software products and technologies focusing on embedded software for cellular devices, mobile communicators, and PDAs.
- Online edition of the magazine, plus information on an annual speech technology business exposition.
- Speech recognition, text-to-speech software transforms your Windows computer into a conversational desktop companion. Dictation, web navigation, voice Email, web cams, on-line news, weather maps, stock ticker, MP3 music player & 3D avatar. Project in progress.
- Leading Russian organization engaged in developing speech recognition technology.
Unix Speech Recognition
- Special Synapse TAP Workstation translates speech into mouse events and keystrokes to control all environments - Unix, mainfame, Mac etc. with speech recognition.
Voice Applications, Inc.
- Knowledgeable and un-hyped web site explaining business applications of speech and voice technology.
- Software attaches speech to e-mail. Demo downloads.
Voice Solutions for Warehouse and Manufacturing Environments
- Guardian Business Solutions, Inc. provides speech software for business applications including voice warehouse picking and inventory counting. Partnered with Syvox for warehouse applications; has own software for the manufacturing arena.
VoiceXML Version 1.0 Specification
- Complete specification as submitted to W3C (.PDF format). Useful for anyone designing vxml interpreters or wishing to understand the extensive capbilities for dialogs. Long but quite readable for a technical document.
- Desktop command and control software with speech recognition facilities. Useful tips on getting better accuracy.
Zvon VoiceXML Reference
- Complete Voice XML reference with clickable examples.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor