Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The Applied Voice Input/Output Society (AVIOS) is a research group dedicated to "real world" applications using speech technology.
Assistive Speech Technology Research Labs
- Minnesota based research startup. Exploring possibilities for people with disabilities through the research of speech technology.
Bibliography Phonetics / Speech Technology
- On-line search facility at Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main
Cassette of Phonetic Sounds
- For speech researchers interested in a standard for phonetic sounds. From University College of London.
Conversational Computer - Air Flights - Pegasus
- An MIT Spoken Language Systems research project which gives airplane flight arrival times in response to voice inquiries. Toll free number listed at site.
Conversational Computer - Weather - Jupiter
- An MIT Spoken Language Systems research project which gives the weather in 500+ worldwide cities in response to voice inquiries. Toll free number listed at site.
Conversational Computers - Potpourri
- The complete collection of MIT Spoken Language Systems Group conversational computers including ones that tell you about Boston area restaurants, Boston traffic conditions, automobile claasified ads, air flight prices etc.
Haskins Laboratory at Yale University
- Concentrates on speech synthesis, speech perception.
International Phonetic Association
- Provides the academic community world-wide with a notational standard for the phonetic representation of all languages: the International Phonetic Alphabet.
Linguistic Data Consortium LDC
- The Linguistic Data Consortium (LDC) creates, collects, and distributes speech and text databases, lexicons and other linguistic resources for research and development.
Microsoft Speech Technology Group
- Engages in research and development of speech technologies in a wide range of applications, including speech recognition (Whisper) and speech synthesis (Whistler) and Dr. Who.
National Center for Sign Language and Gesture Resources
- Boston University resource for experimantal and analyzed data (especially from native signers of ASL) to facilitate linguistic and computational research on signed languages and the gestural components of spoken languages.
National Institute for Telecommunications Signal and Imaging Department
- Mostly signal processing of speech.
- "Negotiating through SPOken Language in E-commerce" project aims at contributing to the promotion of economic growth in the e-commerce and e-service area by improving speech to speech translation systems. Italian based research project has Euopean and American participants.
Russian Speech Database
- Russian firm offering a large collection of .wav files containing Russian speaker samples on CD. Useful for voice and speech recognition research.
Scientific American -August 1999 Feature Article: "Talking with your computer"
- State of the art "Oxygen" project at MIT. Overview of the latest attempts to have useful conversations with a computer.
Speech Group ESAT/KULeuven Belgium
- Site of the Leuven research group on speech technology (speech recognition, speech coding, speech modification, etc.)
Speech Synthesis Papers
- Links to research projects and publications of Alex Monaghan. Esoteric and sometimes homey.
Speech Technology Research Resource List
- List of web sites related to phonetics and speech sciences: meetings, research centers, electronic newsletters, journals and publishers
Speech User Interfaces
- Project is investigating non-visual, speech only user interfaces, especially focusing on how the interface design can make up for errors in recognition. Primarily Finnish lanquage will be used.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor