Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Device Driver Development (Cherry Software)
- Resource site listing web sites, books, newsgroups, mailing lists, and companies, all related to writing Windows NT/2000 device drivers.
Open Systems Resources (OSR)
- Home of the NT Insider, an excellent newsletter for driver writers.
Platform SDK (MSDN Online)
- The Platform SDK contains the official headers, libraries, and documentation needed to write to the Win32 API.
Sam Blackburn's Win32 Foundation Classes
- WFC offers the C++ programmer a wealth of functionality, mostly wrappers for unwieldy NT features such as access control, CryptoAPI, event log, RAS, and services.
- Some one-of-a-kind spelunking utilities, often including source for both the Win9x/Me version (VxD) and the NT/2000 version (.sys device driver). Home of Regmon and Filemon.
Tomas Restrepo's WinDev
- Offers code and articles on I/O Completion Ports, including a C++ template class for IOCPs; network services; threads; and synchronisation objects.
Win32 Programming FAQ
- The Win32 programming FAQ covers mainly introductory material, development tools, Win32 dialects, application design, DLLs, services, and debugging.
- Sample code for some aspects of NT programming, mostly from the areas of security and networking, such as Net*() APIs and IOCPs (I/O completion ports) with sockets.
Windows 2000 Developer Center (MSDN Online)
- The one-stop for all developer information about Microsoft Windows 2000.
- Software for Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2000, assembly sources for x86 (check out the Structured Exception Handling sample), some CGI/Perl scripts.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor