Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Working title for long-term project with goal: create an alternative operating system for 80x86 based machines which is Spectrum compatible.
- Volunteer-based web site committed to providing non-biased information to the computer industry.
- VISual OPerating SYStem: small, fast, home-brewed, open source, 32-bit, true preemptive multitasking OS kernel for x86 systems, runs in 32-bit mode, virtual memory. Also links, and free code bits for developers, on various pages.
WebRing: Free Operating Systems
- About a dozen sites offering free OSs.
XMLOS mailing list
- eXtensible Markup Language OS; mailing list for XMLOS open source initiative, soon to be putting up a website. To be built using XML, XSL, XSLT, and XQL.
- Open-source, component based OS using message-based programming, threadless execution, and virtual file systems to be a fully modular programming environment. No code yet, but 2 very clear explanations of philosophy. Good reading.
- Official site; open source project to produce full, Unix-like OS, including kernel and user programs.
- Unofficial, free Lego OS: open-source embedded OS for LEGO Mindstorms (Lego bricks with brains). Compared to the standard software, it has far better performance and flexibility.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor