Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Short History of Cryptography
- A brief historical analysis of the management of cryptography.
A Simple Scheme to Make Passwords Based on One-Way Functions Much Harder to Crack
- Discusses the possibility that crackers might generate and distribute a massive list of encrypted passwords.
Firewall Piercing mini-HOWTO
- Tutorial on using ppp over telnet to do network stuff transparently through an Internet firewall. (François-René Rideau)
Firewalling and Proxy Server HOWTO
- Teaches the basics of firewall systems and give you some detail on setting up both a filtering and proxy firewall on a Linux based PC, by Mark Grennan.
Introduction to Linux Networking and Security
- Brief introduction to the IP networking services, how to configure them, and how to set up a relatively secure Linux workstation.
Linux Administrator's Security Guide
- A comprehensive security guide aimed at administrators and users, available online in Acrobat PDF format, by Kurt Seifried.
Linux Bridge+Firewall Mini-HOWTO
- A tutorial on how to setup a bridge and a firewall with Linux, by Peter Breuer.
Linux Firewall Howto
- Firewall HOWTO collection, ids, nids, hardening, penetration testing, auditing
- Linux ipchains guide including details on firewalling, masqerading, and port forwarding.
- General overview of security issues that face the administrator of Linux systems. It covers general security philosophy and a number of specific examples of how to better secure your Linux system from intruders.
Linux Security HOWTO
- Security issues that face the administrator, security philosophy, examples of how to secure the system from intruders.
Ritter's Crypto Glossary and Dictionary of Technical Cryptography
- Hyperlinked definitions and discussions of many cryptographic, mathematic, logic, statistics, and electronics terms used in cipher construction and analysis.
Secure POP via SSH mini-HOWTO
- Explains how to set up secure POP connections using ssh, by Manish Singh.
Security Breaches: Five recent incidents at Columbia University
- Provides an internal look at breaches performed on various Linux operating systems.
Using Term to Pierce an Internet Firewall
- Tutorial on using 'term' to do network stuff through a TCP firewall that you're not supposed to be able to, by Barak Pearlmutter.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor