Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
BRLTTY - Braille Display Under LINUX
- BRLTTY is a daemon which provides access to the Linux console (text mode) for a blind person using a soft braille display. It drives the braille terminal and provides complete screen review functionality.
Computer Braille Facility home page.
- This is the experimental home page for the Computer Braille Facility.
- Site dedicated to distribution and information about GTKeyboard, an X11 application for disabled users.
HTML Authoring & Accessibility Resources
- Speech-friendly HTML authoring resources with an emphasis on accessiblity and platform-independent web design. Information about Lynx, an extremely speech-friendly text-based web browser. Features links to, and descriptions of, patches, add-ons, ports, and developmental versions of Lynx.
Linux Access HOWTO
- How to use adaptive technology with Linux.
- A morse code controlled shell for Linux. The goal is to enable users with limited mobility to use linux with only a single mouse button. Keys are entered by tapping morse code on the left mouse button.
- Project to make a distribution to let the blind and severely visually impaired communicate, work, and express themselves via computers, and to install and customize systems, independent of sighted assistance.
Omer Zak Web Site
- Information on Deafness, Hebrew and Linux.
Slashdot: Ask Slashdot: Linux and Handicapped Access
- Discussion of adaptive and assistive software and hardware.
The BLINUX Documentation and Development Project
- "The purpose [...] is to serve as a catalyst which will both spur and speed the development of software and documentation which will enable the blind user to run his or her own Linux workstation." Includes software, documentation, and various pointers.
The Square 1 Project Home Page
- The purpose of the Square 1 Project is to provide visually impaired users with tools to easily access the Linux platform.
UNIX and Linux System Software Toolkits
- Computer Access tools for Unix and Linux.
- linux-access is a site to help users and developers of the Linux OS and related software make Linux more accessable to people with disablilities.
speakup Screen review for Linux
- Speakup is a screen review package for the Linux operating system. It allows you to hear all output directed to the console.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor