Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A New Bootloader
- Boot loader for Linux.
About Smart Boot Manager
- Smart Boot Manager (SBM) is an OS independent and full-featured boot manager. The main goals of SBM are absolutely OS independent, flexible and full-featured.
Boot sector Assembly code
- A brief explanation of the objective of a boot sector, followed by the source for an example bootsector. "Here's a bootsector from PolyOS that simply switches to protected mode, after checking that you have a 386+ computer. Actually, it even loads in the PolyFS superblock and checks if it's valid, but that's about it. Soon it'll load in the kernel and jump to it. The bootesctor was written with Nasm."
Choose-OS boot loader
- Site for Choose-OS boot loader
Daniels NASM Bootstrap Tutorial
- Daniels NASM Bootstrap Tutorial
- Getting the Boot, information about booting x86 computer systems.
Extended Operating System Loader
- Extended Operating System Loader. A free boot manager, with an user-friendly GUI unknown to todays (non-)commercial boot managers. Loads of additional features (e.g. hiding, timeout). XOSL is mouse/keyboard controlled.
Extended-IPL: OS boot selector
- Extended-IPL is an OS boot selector. It can boot an OS in 2nd, 3rd or 4th HD and an OS in an extended partition. Abbreviated as extipl.
GNU GRUB - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
- GNU GRUB is a bootloader. It was derived from GRUB, GRand Unified Bootloader, which was originally designed and implemented by Erich Stefan Boleyn.
Hans Lermen's W3 Home Page
- loadlin home pager. Dos bootloader for Linux.
LILO fails: Error messages and their interpretation
- Lilo error messages from SuSE database.
LILO, Linux Crash Rescue HOW-TO
- The LILO Crash Rescue HOW-TO.
- LILO - The Linux boot Loader.
- Lilo mini-Howto for the boot loader software.
Linux (1.2.3) Boot Sequence
- Introduction to Linux boot sequence.
Linux above 1024 cylinders and LILO
- Linux above 1024 cylinders errors with LILO from the SuSE Support Database.
MATTsoft Boot Manager - MBTMGR
- The home of the MATTsoft Boot Manager.
MILO: Alpha Miniloader Howto
- MILO is the bootloader for Linux on the Alpha. Good instructions for setting it up and using it.
Master Boot Record Tut
- Part of the "How it works" series, which includes a disassembly of the MBR produced by the FDISK program.
Multi-Booting with LILO
- Multi-Booting with LILO, a tutorial.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor