Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
508 Now - Accessibility Without Sacrifice
- Offers several services including assessment, consulting, site creation, all done at set standards.
A Text-only Web?
- Brief, well-written essay on why accessibility matters.
- This site is dedicated to the dissemination of information pertaining to the universal accessibility of Web-based course materials, particularly for persons with disabilities.
Accessible Web Authoring Resources and Education Center
- The AWARE center is a resource developed by the HTML Writer's Guild to assist all web writers to create more accessible web sites.
Accessible Web Page Design
- Some resources that may be helpful in creating pages that are truly accessible.
Accessible Webpage Design: Resources
- Site created to promote awareness about the need for accessible web design and to steer those who wish to learn more about the topic into the right direction.
Adaptive and Assistive Technologies for Individuals with Disabilities
- SynapseAdaptive is a provider of integrated accessible solutions for individuals with disabilities. Synapse ADA Workstations provide access to blind, low vision, mobility impaired and learning disabled users in the workplace or academic setting.
Americans With Disabilities Act Information
- The US Dept. of Justice's resource page for the ADA. Voluminous, and not limited to computer and Internet issues, but at least it should be fairly authoritative, if you're willing to wade through the material.
BRL, Inc. - Home Page
- Sales of assistive hardware, software, tutorials, and so on, plus various free information, including an email newsletter.
- Analysis to improve access and marketing of Internet sites
- "A program which graphically marks-up a web page with disability access and browser compatibility pointers." Free, self-serve web page accessibility validator.
CNN.com - Analysis: Web sites are locking out the disabled
- Office buildings have wheelchair ramps and TV has closed captioning, but many Web sites are inaccessible to people with disabilities. Things don't have to be that way. Dated August 7, 2000.
Campaign for Accessible Web Sites
- Site created to offer free advice and information for webmasters who want to make their sites accessible to all.
Color-Blind Design Evaluation
- This online tool shows you what your sites and colors look like to color-blind people. Also, find out about the different types of color-blindness.
Colour Blind People and Link Colours
- A few words on a topic that might not otherwise have occurred to you.
Could Helen Keller Read Your Page?
- Technical tips on improving the accessibility of a web page.
Frontend Usability Engineering and Interface Design
- An article on accessibility, including reasons to create an accessible web site and common causes of inaccessible design.
Henry's Hints on Web Access
- Discusses the invisible image techniques for text only browsers.
Henter-Joyce FTP site
- The free JAWS for DOS doesn't seem to be mentioned on their webpage, but I believe it can be found here, in the "jdos" directory.
Henter-Joyce, Inc. - JAWS for Windows Screen Reader and MAGic Screen Magnification Software
- "Henter-Joyce, Inc. is the world leader in computer screen reader technology." Demo's, beta's and more.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor