Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- For Unix-like systems. A threaded newsreader with an X Window interface. Distributed under the GNU public license. Handles MIME, attachments, killfiles, and launches URLs by clicking.
- Newsreader for Unix-type systems. Highly configurable. Links to source code, FAQs and tutorials on using NN.
- A version of the NN newsreader originally written by Kim Fabricius Storm, it has both a TK based GUI interface and also can be compiled with the original character based interface.
- Freeware distributed under the GNU public lisence for Unix. Provides the NNTP capabilities required for serving a small local news spool. Also suitable for exchanging news with supplemental news sources for full scale news servers.
- A multithreaded Usenet newsreader for GNOME, a GUI desktop for Unix systems. Features decoding of binaries, automatic grouping of multipart posts, filters and killfiles. Supports multiple servers, offline reading, e-mail or Usenet replies.
RN Newsreader Software
- Unix shell scripts that generate the source files for RN, a newsreader for Unix-type systems.
- Threaded Usenet newsreader, ancestor of Tin. Tin is the most popular Unix newsreader.
X-apps FAQ: III. X-based News-readers
- The comp.windows.x.apps FAQ portion listing several Usenet clients for X-Windows, a Unix system GUI.
trn: Threaded RN
- A textbased newsreader for POSIX compliant systems. Under development. Developer is looking for programmers who would like to help with the development.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor