Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Building Task-Specific Interfaces to High Volume Conversational Data
- The philosophy behind http://www.phoaks.com/ People Helping One Another Know Stuff.
- Full-text indexing of desktop documents for researchers, journalists, and historians with low indexing overhead 13 percent beyond document space. Also displays the most important words from each document. [Windows 95/98]
- Search engine vendor of BRS/Search, a text based core product, and web enabled products.
Glimpse -- a UNIX Search Engine
- A tool to search entire file systems
Harvest Web Indexing
- The Harvest Indexer can fetch and index data made available by HTTP, Gopher, FTP, or NNTP. It has summarisers capable of indexing data in a wide variety of file formats. Source code.
IB Search Engine
- High speed, fully featured, multilingual fielded fulltext engine. Available for many platforms including Solaris, BSD, Linux and Windows-NT.
- Web Search Technology.
Inventory of Full-Text Information Retrieval Software Vendors
- A project of the IFLA Section on Information Technology
- Free open-source software for indexing and searching text documents. It supports full text and field based search, relevance ranked results, Boolean queries, and heterogeneous databases. Not just for HTML, also knows about mail folders, list digests, SGML-style tagged data, and USMARC.
KE Software Inc.
- KE Texpress is an object/relational database that supports text as well as multimedia objects. Runs on a wide variety of platforms including Linux.
- A secure web based service, allowing attorneys to store, manage, search and access their documents through the internet.
Locus Search Engine Software
- Locus is a Linux based full text search engine.
Lucene Search Engine
- Created by Doug Cutting previously of Apple computer and Xerox PARC, Lucene is a commercial java based search engine.
- An excellent book about indexing techniques and a software package that implements the algorithms. The software was not updated since 1996 but still contains valuable functions and libraries. Source code (GPL).
- Extraction-indexing software allows users to search, highlight, extract, and index a variety of file formats, with options to print, save, or re-search output.
MicroISIS by UNESCO
- Non-numerical information storage and retrieval software developed to allow institutions, especially in developing countries, to streamline their information processing activities.
Microsoft Index Server
- High-power commercial crawler/index/search tool.
- Supplier of information retrieval and collaborative software.
- Personal Library Software is one of the major old line players in the full text search and retrieval market place. They were recently purchased by AOL. AOL is now licensing the PLS search engine free of charge to all users. There is no Linux version, however.
- FullText indexing and retrieval development toolkit by InfoSphere.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor