Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AGREP for VMS
- A Unix "grep" program with approximate matching capabilities, ported to VMS by J.Lauret.
AGREP, an approximate GREP
- Powerful tool for fast approximate fuzzy text searching files for strings, regular expressions. User-definable records. Open Source for OS/2, DOS, Win3.x and Win95/NT.
Advanced Find and Replace
- Search local documents with AltaVista-like queries and replace entire paragraphs. Win32 graphical shareware. Vasin Knoware.
Byte Wyse Software - Windows Search Utilities
- Information on Find++, a Multi-File Search, Replace and Edit Utility or Grep Utility for Windows 95/98/NT. To find text and replace in multiple files in drives and directories (folders) up to a particular depth. Uses regular expressions.
- Text search program designed specially for ASCII catalogs. DOS/Windows9x/NT, free. Peter van der Woude.
- Fast search tool, search local disks, network, CDs, and ZIPs with case sensitive searching. [Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME]
- 'Actual Search & Replace' is an easy to use utility to search and replace across multiple files. For the found files, it shows lines containing highlighted searched words and phrases.
- Perform a search of files in your local network or on a single computer. Select a number of parameters including file masks, searching strings, file attributes and size, and dates. (Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000)
- A collection of utilities including Eluent Replace, an interactive, multi-file search and replace program that uses Perl regular expressions and scripting, and Eluent Find, a file contents searcher and viewer. [Win 95/98/ME/NT4/2000]
- Text search utility, versions for Windows 95/98/NT or 3.1, supports zip archives, regular expressions. Shareware from Aquila Software.
File Substring Replacement Utility
- Search and/or replace multiple substrings in multiple files. Windows shareware from Gammadyne Software.
- Finds files and directories with multiple parameters. Results can be manipulated. Shareware for Win 98 and 95.
- File and text finder features multi composite and logical text searching. Windows 9x/NT/ME shareware from Skylark Utilities.
FindInFilesX ActiveX Component
- Instantly add sophisticated text searching (Grep) to your programs. Search MSWord and/or text documents. Great demo source code provided, by SoftInterface, Inc.
- Search files by exact match, grep, approximate, and sound-alike, built in or customizable viewers, replace text with backups, index files for quick retrieval. Windows 95/98/NT trial download.
GREP Shareware Program
- Command line program finds strings or regular expressions in ASCII files. 16 bit DOS or Win32 which respects long filenames. Shareware. Stan Brown.
Glimpse and WebGlimpse
- Unix-based search software for gathering, indexing and searching a set of files. WebGlimpse works on Web sites. Free for most nonprofits.
- Search for files on a hard drive and on the Internet through bookmarked documents with keywords. Wizzard Software, shareware for Win3/95/98.
NavSearch Offline Search Engine
- Scans local or network drives or CD-ROM, using Netscape / MSIE, performs full text search on files, supports boolean operators. No winsock.dll required. English and French interface. Windows 16 or 32 bit shareware.
- Cool Find is a powerful file search tool for Windows. Support Drag, Drop and Copy of files, even including those in ZIP file. With string search in files, including Unicode files and Microsoft Office files. Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.0 or better and Win 9x/NT/2000/Me.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor