Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Common Sense Guide to Viruses
- Find out what viruses actually are, what they can and can't do, and how to prevent them. Clear and down to earth information.
Computer Virus Myths
- The canonical reference for virus myths and hoaxes. Information about computer virus myths, hoaxes, and urban legends. Good, non-vendor related source of information about computer viruses, the legal and press wars between anti-virus vendors, and the many hoaxes and myths about viruses.
- Interesting if slightly sensational source of information about computer viruses and other computer security issues. Lots of multimedia content.
Doug Muth's Anti-Virus Help Page
- Large amount of FAQ and other information pertaining to viruses, how they work, and how to remove them. This page is independently owned and accepts no advertising from anti-virus companies.
EICAR Test Virus
- A tiny file used to test virus detection software.
- Learn about today's common viruses through some Q & A and download free virus cleaning software.
How Computer Viruses Work
- Step by step explanation on how viruses attack a user's computer and what can be done about it.
How Stuff Works: Computer Virus
- Multipart tutorial describes how computer viruses work.
How to Protect Against Computer Viruses
- A tutorial on how to protect your computer against viruses.
ISP Virus scanning
- Real-time list of the Top 10 most common viruses in the wild from Star Internet in the UK. Star Internet scans all email for viruses automatically.
Index of Virus Alerts
- A free world-wide service run in the public interest warning of Viruses as soon as they appear, usually within a few hours.
Macro Virus Analyzer Home, The
- Get solutions to your macro virus related problems. Scan your systems online for unknown/analyzed macro viruses. Submit an infection and get analysis within 36 hours.
Microsoft Exchange Anti Virus Software
- Contains information and links to the latest anti virus software for Microsoft Exchange servers.
- Information and news on computer viruses and solutions from affiliate vendors.
Pelican Security SafeTnet
- Protects PCs and corporate networks from malicious active content such as virus, worm, and Trojan horse threats. Active content security offering solutions that enable corporations to protect critical information assets from the risks in today's Web technologies.
- Anti-virus information page with links.
- Reflex Data Security -. Comprehensive data security software enforces IT security policy by creating Protected Environments, delivering complete anti-virus protection, PC network access management, system and program security, plus anti-theft encrypted data storage.
Ronin Software Group
- High quality truly innovative systems and utilities works.
Sarah Gordon's Research Site
- Various papers on computer viruses, computer security, and ethics by Sarah Gordon.
- Links to all you will need for free virus protection. With vandal alert.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor