Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
SqueakNOS on SourceForge
- Downloads here, and all the other fine SourceForge services.
SqueakNOS on mathMorphs Swiki
- Squeak No OS: project to 'get rid of the OS under Squeak, and implement all needed functionality in Smalltalk.' In other words, a Squeak OS.
SqueakOS: bootable diskette
- SqueakOS fits on one (1!) 3.5 inch bootable floppy diskette with graphics development and experimental environment. This is a different project than SqueakNOS.
- Information for Smalltalk novices on how to get up to speed in Smalltalk. Mostly a collection of prized mailing list notes and some small hacks.
- Here the mouse roar; Squeak goes turbo! More than any website so far, this one implements the largest piece of the original Xerox PARC Learning Research Group's vision for programming and education. Free downloads: run Squeak from within your web browser (free plugin), software, program sharing/exchange areas, Alan Kay essay.
Steps to install Skins into Squeak
- by Steve Wessels.
- Swiki about Swikis: A place to write on Swikis as technology, place, tool. Here we test structures to use in other Swikis, discuss Swikis and its underlying Pluggable WebServer (PWS) and about what to do with them. We have a PWS Admin Utility, first results of Swiki student surveys, and PWS and Swiki FAQ.
Swiki about Squeak
- Squeak Wiki 2. Mark Guzdial's Squeak Wiki Server, written in Squeak; at Georgia Tech.
Ted Kaehler Home Page
- One of Smalltalk's original core creators, and Squeak team member, speaks out. A warm, friendly page. Diverse topics: from Smalltalk philosophy, to alternative schooling, to nanotechnology.
The Swiki SWIKI Front Page
- This is a place to talk about Swiki. Consider this a sandbox to play around with the ideas. You'll find people testing structures here that they use in other Swikis, discussing Swikis, and thinking about what to do with these things.add things here.
ThingLab for Squeak
Tyrrell's Squeak page
- Tyrrell's no tyro, though his page is! New page; little there now, except his personal downloads. More to come.
UCSB CREATE Squeak Smalltalk Page
- University of California Santa Barbara, Center for Research in Electronic Art Technology. Potent music tools for Smalltalk. Original mail list archive.
What's Squeak? Squeak Introduction Page!
- Japanese pages with extensive links in English.
Whisker: The O-O Stacking Browser
- New object-oriented code browser for Squeak Smalltalk environment: gives simple, intuitive way to view contents of multiple classes/methods at once, uses screen space efficiently, needs little window moving/resizing, via introducing concept of subpane stacking. Principles may be used in browsers for other OO languages.
- Fast growing (over 160) list of Squeak's community.
Wired 7.07: Street Cred: Exquisite Computing
Wired News: The Mouse that Squeaked
ZDNet: Making a little noise about Squeak
- by Erica Schroeder. Ziff-Davis notices Squeak.
Zaurus PDA Squeak
- Yoshiki Ohshima's got Squeak running on Sharp's Zaurus! He researches computer languages at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Department of Mathematical and Computing Science, Sassa Laboratory.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor