Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Astentech.com: Tutorial List: POP-11
- Online education for beginners and advanced users. Read references, getting started notes, manuals.
Information About Poplog and POP-11
- What they are, history, free versions online, platforms, comments, more.
Pop-11 Programming Language
- Like Lisp in power, but with more traditional, readable syntax. It is the main implementation language of Poplog environment. Features: proper lexical scoping (procedures are 1st class objects), re-definable/extendible syntax, open user stack (user can explicitly manipulate), dynamic typing, garbage collecting, incremental compiling, lightweight processes, object-oriented extensions (becoming standard part of language in near future), more.
- Open-source, rapid-prototyping software development environment; incremental compilers for: POP-11, Prolog, Common Lisp, Standard ML. Versions for Linux, Unix, VMS. Downloads, forum postings, libraries, workshops, Twiki, resources.
- For scripting with Poplog and POP-11: attempt to facilitate use of pop-11, and other Poplog supported languages as scripting languages like Perl, Tcl, Python, Bash.
Prof. Robin Popplestone
- Developed many key ideas of POP-11. Now co-directs Laboratory for Perceptual Robotics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. History: The Early Development of POP, Functional and Interactive Computer Language Design (Design of an Interactive Functional Language).
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor