Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
CERT Advisory CA-2000-01
- Denial of Service developments including description, impact, and solutions.
- Strategies to protect against distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. This article applies primarily to sites using Cisco equipment.
DDoS Is Neither Dead Nor Forgotten
- How DDoS attacks have developed over the past year, and what has been learned; preparation is essential to prevention. [NetworkMagazine.com]
Deconstructing Denial of Service Attacks
- How to assess risk and avoid unwitting participation in this relatively new tactic.
Defying Denial of Service Attacks
- Discussion of the main DoS methods and how to protect your PCs and servers from them. [NetworkMagazine.com]
Denial of Service (DoS) Resource Page
- Collection of articles and links about Denial of Service attacks
Denial of Service Attacks
- Methods by which one can be prepared for DoS attacks and fight back.
Denial of Service Help Page
- Advice for victims of Denial Of Service Attacks, geared towards users of IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks and Tools
- A bibliography of recent papers and advisories on DDoS attacks and tools, by David Dittrich of the University of Washington (USA).
Distributed Denial of Service Attacks
- A DDOS exploit multiplies the disruptive power of denial of service attacks. The article discusses methods used and how to detect them. [NetworkMagazine.com]
- Tools and patches to protect a person's computer from hackers, Denial of Service, and other intrusions.
Fighting the Cybercrime Power
- TheStandard's article about nineteen high-tech giants, including Microsoft, HP and Oracle, and their creation of a nonprofit to battle cybercriminals.
Hacking the DoS
- An interview on hacking and denial of service attacks with Brian Martin and David Dittrich. Available in text and various forms of audio.
Important Information for Windows Users
- Patches for Windows 95/98 security holes, particularly WinNuke and Sping attacks.
Internet Security Systems
- A description of a SNORK attack and a link to a patch.
Microsoft Windows Update
- Latest bugfixes for Microsoft Windows, including fixes for some possible DoS attacks.
Network Ingress Filtering
- A simple, effective, and straightforward method for network administrators to prohibit DoS attacks which use forged IP addresses.
Nuke Information and Patches
- Specific information for each attack, including smurf, ICMP flood, WinNuke, and ssping.
PC Magazine: PC Tech
- ZDNet's lengthy article about various DoS attacks and preventative and fixative steps to take.
RFC 2267 - Network Ingress Filtering
- Defeating denial of service attacks which employ IP source address spoofing.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor