Submit a site
USA v. Dmitry Sklyarov
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
eBooks N' Bytes Resource Directory
- A directory of ebooks, ebook software reviews, epublishing resources and news, premium listings, and articles. Publisher of the email newsletter, eBooks N' Bytes Informer.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
'Radio Paper' from E Ink
- An update on E Ink's business deals. [Publishers Weekly]
4 Publishers Agree to Sale of E-Books on Yahoo
- Short announcement about Penguin Putnam, Simon and Schuster, Random House and HarperCollins publishers. Free registration required. [NY Times]
A "Revolution" Waiting to Happen?
- A look at the current efforts of e-book publishers, with a focus on children's books. [Publishers Weekly]
A Bad Ending for E-Authors
- MightyWords is eliminating many of its authors from its e-publishing program. [Wired]
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the E-Book
- A overview of e-book business issues such as copyright protection. [American Libraries]
A New Chapter for E-Books
- Briefly outlines the history of e-books and details the technology currently on the market. [BusinessWeek]
A University that Reveres Tradition Experiments with E-Books
- A University of Virginia seminar's trials with e-book readers. [The Chronicle of Higher Education]
Amazon.com Launches e-Books Store
- News announcement that the online superstore now offers e-books. [E-Commerce News]
An Electrifying Read
- Explains some of the current e-book technology and how it works. [SF Gate]
Another Format in the E-Book Field
- News of Reciprocal's introduction of another e-book data format. Free registration required. [NY Times]
Are Digital Books Good Enough to Curl Up With?
- An overview of how electronic books read and manage e-titles. [PC World]
At What Cost, E-Books?
- A report on the falling prices of electronic book readers. [Wired]
Authors, Agents on E-Books' Side
- Analysis of an upcoming lawsuit over the interpretation of book contracts. [Wired]
Barnes & Noble and Microsoft to Create e-Book Superstore
- The two companies will take a major step into the digital content future with the creation of an e-Book superstore using Microsoft reader software. [Microsoft]
Barnesandnoble.com: Gladiator in the E-Book Arena
- A look at the e-book giant's pricing tactics. [TheStandard]
Beyond Hypertext: Novels With Interactive Animation
- Self-published books with electronic artistry. Free registration required. [NY Times]
Checking Out E-Books
- Efforts to make e-books available at libraries. [The Standard]
Compressed Data: Tags Could Help Keep E-Book Links Alive
- The use of digital object identifiers (DOIs) in e-books. [NY Times]
Copyright Battle: Is an E-Book a Book?
- News and implications analysis of the lawsuit between Random House and RosettaBooks. [CNet]
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor