Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Internet Distributed Computing Projects
- Links to current articles about distributed computing and to current Internet-based distributed computing projects.
Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Site
- Breaking news on distributed computing, object technology, components, and business objects.
Kan Distributed Object System
- Research platform for distributed programming via extensions to the Java language. Includes support for fault-tolerance and concurrency.
Legion: A Worldwide Virtual Computer
- Research project homed at the University of Virginia. An open specification and prototype for a worldwide virtual computer.
Mobile Information and Communication Systems
- Research on self organizing mobile ad hoc networking technology and infrastructure. Project proposals and publications.
- An endeavor to tie hundreds of workstations, networked over large distances, into a self-managing, fault-tolerant system. Project members are at Cornell, U. Florida, U. Texas, and U. California San Diego.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Distributed Computing Project
- Project goal is a single run-time environment that ties together several networked supercomputers. Intended users are the community of scientists and engineers addressing "grand challenge" computations.
- A business-to-business integration (B2Bi) company whose OpenBusiness products enable organizations to streamline their collaboration, communication and integration with trading partners over the Internet.
- Servers clustering software with high availability and load balancing for Linux, NT and Solaris servers.
- University computer administrator accused of "hacking" crimes, for installing a screensaver that supported distributed computing research.
Transis Group Communication System
- Research project for achieving fault-tolerant ordered multicast; based in the Computer Science Department, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Software that turns a computer network into a high-speed, fault-tolerant, highly available supercomputer. Schedules processing tasks on idle workstations or PC's running Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems.
United Devices, Inc.
- Technology company that develops a software infrastructure for aggregating unused resources on the Internet.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor