Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Watch and participate in some artificial lives.
- Biotopia is a Darwinian evolution program. Lots of parameters to set, lots of emergent behavior to get.
- Implements an artificial-life environment based on - and compatible with - Tierra, Tom Ray's well-known project, which displays open-ended evolution using a world of assembly-language creatures running on simulated parallel processors.
- Agents evolve to stay on the screen.
Darwin Pond (windows)
- Darwin Pond is an imaginary gene pool, a primordial puddle of genetic surprises.
- A networked, self-generating artificial ecosystem by John McCormack
Evolving Artificial Moral Ecologies
- The project seeks to extend current work in the evolution of cooperation by the considered inclusion of spatial elements and resource dependency into the models. It also deliberately seeks to integrate agent-based and population approaches to modeling evolutionary processes.
Framsticks - evolution simulation
- a three-dimensional life simulation project
- Gene Lab is an artificial life simulation of plant/animal population dynamics. It uses genetic algorithms to produce optimal behavior for the plant-eating animals.
Gene Pool for Windows.
- Gene Pool is an artificial life simulation where populations of physics-based organisms evolve over time.
- A project being developed by David Stern at Cambridge university. Available in stand alone or '@home' flavours.
Hardware Artificial Life (HAL)
- Lotus Artificial Life's Java cellular automata substrate capable of supporting evolving, self-reproducing organisms which are capable of universal computation.
Individual-Based Fish Modeling At Humboldt State University
- Modeling software, theory, and applications. Instream flow model for trout. Salmon out-migration survival simulator.
Java, Artificial Life, and creature behaviour
- Java application simulates creature behaviours and movement. Available for free download, including source code, and a paper on Artificial Life.
John Holland's ECHO
- Echo is a simulation tool developed to investigate mechanisms which regulate diversity and information-processing in systems comprised of many interacting adaptive agents, or complex adaptive systems (CAS).
- JuhasWorld: Yes it's alive! You have to see this applet to believe it. Just let those actors evolve for a few generations and they suddenly seem quite clever indeed. Wait a few more generations and you will be completely hooked: How good can they get?
Keith's Artificial Life
- An extensive collection of macintosh alife programs fitting into genetic algorithms, large swarms, evolutionary simulations, complex neural networks, and other related subjects.
Mirek's Cellebration, 1D and 2D Cellular Automata viewer, editor and explorer
- A collection of information relating to cellular automata.
NecroBones Artificial Life Experiments
- Features three Java artificial life experiments.
- Simulation of robots controlled by neuronal nets. They are learning their behvour by means of neuro-evolution
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor