Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Online directory for grammar, spelling, puncuation, research, creative writing, and Proofreading resources.
- Richard Lederer's page, with contact information and a handful of his language-loving articles.
What is Good Hypertext Writing?
- There is more to writing than putting words next to each other, and there is more to writing hypertext than throwing together a bunch of links. By Julia Degener.
William Strunk Jr.'s The Elements of Style
- Online publication of Strunk's classic guide to the English language.
- Notes on the emerging language of technology. Reference and discussion tool. Last updated 1997.
- An interactive column by The Atlantic's Barbara Wallraff. Discovers needs in our language and recommends new words to fill them.
- A message board where you can request and brainstorm unique words, names, titles, coinages, puns, phrases, slogans and slang.
- Digs up a word or phrase out of the Bank of English and holds it up for inspection and comment.
- Portal for word lovers. Learn about word meanings, slang, quotations, insults, and famous authors. Wordwizard offers a round trip across the English language.
- A list of words and phrases to purge from your writing.
Words, Words, and More Words
- We use words to communicate, to connect, to convince, to change minds, to entertain, to play, to work and more. Explore the world of words on the Internet.
World Wide Words
- Explores some of the byways history, quirks, curiosities and evolution of the English language. Columns on a variety of subjects.
Writing For Multimedia
- Style guide for multimedia.
Yale Style Manual
- A style manual for the design of Web pages and Web sites. Covers graphic and information design, page layout, Web graphics, site organization, navigation, and Web multimedia content.
- The alt.usage.english FAQ in HTML format. Wide range of English usage topics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor