Submit a site
Quizzes and Handouts
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A free monthly self-help writing guide for students of the English language who want to communicate more effectively. Guide covers grammar, punctuation, spelling, cliches, and jargon.
Chicago Manual of Style FAQ
- FAQ site designed to help CMS users eliminate ambiguities or misunderstandings found in the book itself.
Common Errors in English
- An explanation of common English usage errors and how to avoid making them.
- Improve your writing with free daily e-mail grammar lessons.
English 126 HyperTextBook
- Modern English Grammar from the Daniel Kies and the College of DuPage.
- Clear and practical help with English grammar, primarily directed toward people who are learning English as a second language.
English Grammar Tutor
- An online grammar book for student editors.
- Grammar guru at Terrashare.
Grammar Help Page
- Grammar help written by Ruth and her students and gleaned and linked from a variety of Web sites around the world.
Grammar for Reading and Writing
- An innovative review of grammatical principles essential to reading and writing and a discussion of the varied roles inference plays in understanding the written word.
How to Write Well: Using the Apostrophe
- Tutorial on the use of apostrophes for omission and possession.
Online English Grammar
- The word "yet," quantifiers, alphabet sound files, reflexive pronouns, and more.
Plain English Training
- Online courses in plain English and grammar.
Punctuation Made Simple
- Discussion of several of the most useful punctuation marks: the colon, semicolon, comma, dash, and apostrophe.
Reading and Writing
- Learn reading and writing with these free, video enhanced academic study aides. A VidBook guide.
- Explanation of usage for reflexive pronouns: myself, himself, herself, themselves, and ourselves. Includes practice sentences and an answer key.
Renard Doneskey's Grammar Review, with Exercises
- This site will help you improve your English grammar and writing, with clear explanations and exercises.
- Diagrams of moderately long and complex sentences are accompanied by explanations for both beginners and experienced diagrammers.
Serendipity: Common Errors
- An examination of common errors that are becoming generally accepted as correct. A mini-course in English usage.
Splashes from the River
- Learn the basics of English grammar in a comfortable, non-threatening, homey atmosphere. The Basic Cozy Grammar Course Video and Workbook.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor