Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Almanac of Literary Information
- Information related to literature: writers, their work, and all such things of a literary nature.
Ask the Experts
- A comprehensive listing of links to experts in various fields.
- Numerous free online encyclopedias and advanced reference search tools.
- Convert just about anything to anything using Micro Images math conversion tables.
- The Electric Library makes it possible to conduct real research over the Internet, using a deep database of reliable sources. Subscribers get 30 days free use of this site.
- Find content, not keywords. Paste text or a web page URL in the box below and FindSame will show you where on the Web any piece of that text or page appears.
- A huge page full of Research Engines to help writers get the jump on gathering information.
Internet Research FAQ
- Using the Internet for Research (FAQ)
- Links to research on all types of law resources including a vast library of legal decisions.
- Free access to class prep tools, The Bridge project, and web lectures on torts, contracts, property and other legal topics.
- A listing of libraries on the Internet.
My Virtual Reference Desk
- A one-stop site for all things Internet: news, weather, sports, reference, encyclopedia (50 areas), facts on file, FAQs, tutorials, search engines, Win95, free stuff, games
Online Dictionaries, Glossaries and Encyclopedias
- An annotated listing of dictionaries, glossaries and encyclopedias that have some sort of version online or, if you will, a glossary of glossaries.
Research Resources for Writers
- A directory of categorized research resources for writers including original articles.
- By Glenn Hameroff at Suite101.com.
- Search dictionaries, thesauri, the Bible, and many other tools.
- A networking resource for reference questions that have people, in essence, stumped. Sponsored by the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Dominican University, Stumpers-L was founded as an email-based resource where reference librarians can help each other find the answers to difficult questions, but anyone can join.
The Busy Person's Guide to Research Resources for Writers
- Research is to a writer what yeast is to bread, you can try to write without it but your manuscript will look odd and "taste" wrong. Site reviews by L. C. Peterson.
The Spire Project
- A better way to find information. Research, searching the web, or whatever you happen to be looking for - you will find it here.
The Virtual Reference Desk
- Reference index from Purdue University
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor