Bands and Artists
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Odyssey of the Spirit" - Phil & Friends
- Phillesh.net, Philzone.com and Unbroken Chain Foundation would like to invite you to join together with us in an "odyssey of the spirit" to bring our community together in helping others. We are asking you to put together groups of volunteers to spearhead a good cause in your own locality.
Community Page / Bill Graham Foundation information
- The Bill Graham Foundation's goal is to continue the work in assisting those whose needs sometimes are not noticed or served by larger philanthropic organizations. These include groups and individuals working in the areas of music, arts, education, environmental protection, human rights, inner city social work, and public health.
- An arts program for homeless children.
Earthjustice Legal Defense Fund
- Protects people, wildlife and natural resources by providing free legal representation to citizen groups to enforce environmental laws in the USA.
- For a decade, Furthur Foundation has been giving money to progressive groups working on environmental and social issues in the Bay Area and around the world. We focus on smart-thinking groups that are small and close to their target -- groups that know their business, share our politics, and spend the money carefully, without a lot of bells and whistles, overhead, and wasted effort.
LandPaths - Land Partners through Stewardship
- LandPaths forms partnerships between landowners and experts in land management and restoration. LandPaths then assists those landowners and partners in defining and implementing practices which maximize resource conservation, while allowing managed public access.
Not For Kids Only
- by Jerry Garcia and David Grisman. Fun songs. Proceeds benefit childrens charities.
PhilLesh.net - The Donor Zone
- Information on becoming an organ donor.
- Grateful Dead/Rainforest Press Conference 9/14/88 at the United Nations
Rex Foundation Home Page
- TOTAL GRANTS 1984 - 2000 : $ 7,180,144 Organization of the Grateful Dead family which gives grants to many many many worthwhile causes.
- Seva Foundation, working in Chiapas, Guatemala, Tibet, Nepal, India, and with Native Americans through partnerships of technical expertise, financial support and emotional and spiritual solidarity. Accepting on-line donations as gifts of service to others.
The Bill Graham Awards
- This award, established in memory of pioneerng producer and founding Rex board member Bill Graham, himself a refugee, is designated for organizations and individuals working to assist children who are victims of political oppression and human rights violations.
The Eyes of Chaos Foundation
- Formed in 1994 by Phil Lesh, Gary Lambert and David Gans, the Eyes of Chaos Foundation aims to promote the creation, recording and performance of music that falls into the cracks between musical genres. If it's new, unusual and/or "difficult," it's Eyes of Chaos material.
The Ralph J. Gleason Awards
- At the Rex Foundation - The award, established in 1986, is named in memory of the pioneering jazz and pop music journalist Ralph J. Gleason (1917-1975) who was a major figure in the advancement of creative music in America. As a critic for the San Francisco Chronicle and Down Beat, and a founding editor of Rolling Stone, Gleason displayed an openness to new music and new ideas that transcended differences between generations and styles. The Rex Foundation hopes to keep his legacy alive by presenting the award bearing his name to those who exemplify the qualities of talent, vision and innovation that Ralph so tirelessly supported.
Unbroken Chain Foundation
- Created in the spring of 1997 by Phil Lesh and friends, the Unbroken Chain Foundation is a nonprofit organization which seeks to perpetuate the long-standing tradition of community service that has been the hallmark of the remarkable three-decade relationship between the Grateful Dead and its audience.
the Jerry Garcia Awards
- At The Rex Foundation - Established in memory of Grateful Dead guitarist and founding Rex board member Jerry Garcia (1942-1995), this award is designed to honor and support individuals and groups that work to encourage creativity in young people.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor