Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Classical Japanese Language and Literature
- This site teaches the classical (that is, old) Japanese language, through poems and extracts from literary/zen/martial arts classics.
Haruki Murakami Unofficial Homepage
- Summaries, interpretations, book reviews and journal articles.
History of Japan's Literature
- Begins with the Nara period, when tales from the oral traditions of the past started to be written down.
History of Japanese Literature
- From its inception to the present.
Horagai: Abe Kobo
- Includes an interview with the author's daughter, a biography and bibliography.
Japanese Literature Resources Page
- Creighton University's Japanese bibliographic and internet resources as well as online texts.
Japanese Literature Webring
- Extensive list of Japanese literature-related links as well as its own exclusive ring of Japanese literature pages.
Japanese Text Initiative
- Contains numerous searchable online texts in Japanese and translation from the Man'yoshu to the modern era. Also contains links to online dictionaries.
- Contemporary art of haiku by Yumeya in Nara, with streaming audio.
- History of Japanese literature from the beginnings of poetry, drama, and novels to the manga of today.
Nintoku: The Wealth of the Emperor
- From the Nihongi, Book XI. A short anecdote from a history of the Emperor Nintoku on the relationship of the wealth of the population in relationship to the wealth of the Emperor. A good example of the importation of Confucian thought in early Japan.
Philosophy of Symbiosis
- Online book by an internationally known architect, which advocates a regard for metamorphosis and symbiosis, as distinct from the machine age of today.
- Poems of Zen monk Ryokan (1758-1831) in English translation.
Seppuku and Jisatsu in Modern Japanese Literature: Yukio Mishima, Natsume Soseki, Kokoro
Ten poems from the new Kokinshu
- The webpage of Steven D. Carter, a preeminent translator of Japanese poetry.
The Flowering of Japanese Literature
- The importance of the Tale of Genji and the Pillow Book to subsequent Japanese literature.
The World of Kenji Miyazawa
- Biographical data, bibliography, downloadable Miyazawa translations, image gallery and essay collection.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor