Submit a site
Alcott, Louisa May
Jewett, Sarah Orne
Key, Francis Scott
Bryant, William Cullen
Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth
Poe, Edgar Allan
Emerson, Ralph Waldo
Stowe, Harriet Beecher
Thoreau, Henry David
Holmes, Oliver Wendell
Howells, William Dean
Washington, Booker T.
Jackson, Helen Hunt
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
19th-Century American Children and What They Read
- A site devoted to American children and their literature from 1800-1872, featuring texts of children's books and magazines of the period, particularly works by Samuel G. Goodrich.
American Literary Romanticism
- A course from North Georgia College and State University which includes short biographical information and links to papers, criticisms, and other web sites.
American Verse Project
- Organization for the acquisition, creation and maintenance of electronic texts. Includes a bibliography and a mission statement.
- Short biography of the 19th century writer and labor reformer whose The Quaker City was the best-selling American novel prior to Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Introduction to American Romanticism
- By Ann Woodlief.
Sunday School Books: Shaping the Values of Youth in Nineteenth-Century America (American Memory, Library of Congress)
- A representative selection of American Sunday school books published between 1815 and 1865, drawn from the collections of Michigan State University and Central Michigan University Libraries.
USA: National Identity I
- An essay by Keijo Virtanen on the role of philosophy and literature in building up the national identity of the early 19th century United States.
Women, Madness and American Literature
- Articles on the relationship between these themes in 19th century literature. By Jennifer A. Ward.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor