Myths and Folktales
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Chrissy's Dojo of Japanese Mythology
- Japanese Gods and Goddesses
Encyclopedia Mythica: Japanese mythology.
- The index file for the large area on Japanese mythology.
Foundation and Creation Myths in Korea and Japan
- Patterns and Connections by Joo-Young Yoo
Gods of Man : Japanese
- Listing of some of the Gods and Goddesses of Japan
Japanese Creation Myth
- The following is a modern retelling of the creation story from the Kojiki, Japan's oldest chronicle, compiled in 712 CE by O No Yasumaro
Japanese History: The Founding Myth
- Also known as the "Prince Yamato Myth" (Nihan Shoki / Kojiki), the founding myth of Japan involves the relation between man and the Kami or Natural Spirits/'gods'
- Short retellings of Japanese myths.
Japanese Mythology : Sun, Moon and Storm
- learn about Japanese myths related to objects in the sky, and aspects of their world
Japanese Mythology Overview
- In Japan we have many stories about God and Goddess. But we forgot them little by little ... but this is to remind us of the basics.
- Selection of Japanes Myths and some comparisons with Egyptian and Greek myths.
Japanese Old Tales
- "Enjoy Japanese old tales in English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, Italian and German!"
Orihime and Kengyu
- The Separation of Orihime and Kengyu By Steve Renshaw and Saori Ihara
Shinto Creation Stories: The Creation of the Gods
- From the Nihongi, Book I. This narrative tells of the gods that were created out of the congealed matter of Heaven.
Tachikara - Japanese Mythology
- Japanese legend of Amaterasu-Omikami, the Goddess of Sun.
World Mythology: Japanese
- Two exhibits on display at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor