Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- McGonagall poem praising "as bonnie a place as ye could wish to see, and about eleven or twelve miles from bonnie Dundee"
Burning of the Exeter Theatre
- A "fairly long, but delightfully atrocious" example of McGonagall's work, with comments and suggested further reading.
Famous Scots - William McGonagall
- Short biographical article and picture of a recently erected memorial plaque.
Glasgow by William McGonagall
- McGonagall's poem about the city, with links to modern photographs of the features he describes.
In Search of the World's Worst Writers
- Short extracts and critique of McGonagall's works.
- Reproduction of the masthead to one of McGonagall's poetic broadsheets, together with biographical note and a clip from a radio reading of his work.
- A tribute to the poet and tradegian which includes his autobiography as well as the complete "Poetic Gems".
McGonagall's Military Verse
- Selection of poems commemorating the military actions of the British Empire - evidently one of McGonagall's favourite subjects.
McGonagall- World's Worst Poet?
- This question is answered by reproducing the text of "The Albion Battleship Calamity".
One of God's Clumsy Innocents
- Appreciation and biography of the poet, with some sample poems.
- McGonagall's "Brief Autobiography" together with an appreciation and some samples of his works. Part of a larger poetry site.
Scottish Writers on the Internet: William McGonagall
- Concise biography and list of published works.
Scottish Writers: William McGonagall
- A photograph of the poet, striking a dramatic pose with his hat and walking stick.
The Forth Bridge Disaster
- Pastiche of McGonagall's style to satirise the recent history of the Forth Bridge.
The Life of William Topaz McGonagall
- The poet's life story told in a pastiche of his own style.
The McGonagall Lexicon
- Large collection of "poetic gems" online, together with a chat room and a selection of links.
The Time I Discovered Myself to be a Poet
- Analysis of a passage from McGonagall's autobiography which appears in a UK examination syllabus.
The Worst Poem of All Time: William Topaz McGonagall's "The Tay Bridge Disaster"
- "The absolute freefall of his bottomless barrel, best savored when read aloud with the audience joining in on the fateful chorus".
- Flash movies based on McGonagall's works.
William McGonagall - Poet
- Concise article describing McGonagall's life and work from the BBC h2g2 site.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor