Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ANS Edward Lear Exhibit
- All the zoological plates from Illustrations of the Family of Psittacid, or Parrots and Gleanings from the Menagerie and Aviary at Knowsley Hall
Connections+ Nonsense and "Jabberwocky"
- Links to lesson plans using Lear's verse to teach language arts in middle and high school
Donald Barthelme, The Death of Edward Lear
- A short story from Overnight to Many Distant Cities. New York: Penguin, 1983.
- The Tate Gallery's Edward Lear holdings with details and some pictures.
Edward Lear Home Page
- The life, paintings and complete Nonsense poems of Edward Lear, as well as news on Nonsense in general.
Edward Lear Hotel, Marble Arch, London
- A commercial website for the hotel "formerly the home of Edward Lear, the famous Victorian painter and limerick writer."
Edward Lear: More Than Nonsense
- A short essay on Lear and his poetry, accompanied by a photograph and drawings.
Lear translations by Alik Gotlib
- A small selection of limericks translated into Russian, accompanied by some of Lear's original drawings.
Lear, Edward (1812-1888)
- A brief biographical note on Lear, extracted from The Oxford Companion to English Literature, accompanied by a single limerick.
Lear, Limericks and Literature
- "An introduction to the limerick and other zany rhymes made famous by Edward Lear in the 1850's." An online lesson plan aimed at creative writing classes; includes information on the history of the limerick form, as well as biographical material on Lear.
Selected Poetry of Edward Lear (1812-1888)
- Some of the best-known poems from Representative Poetry Online at the Univ. of Toronto
Two E. Lear portraits
- from the National Portrait Gallery, London
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor