Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Few Words in Favor of Edward Abbey
- An essay that looks deep into the soul of Ed, by author Wendell Berry
A Literary History of the American West - Edward Abbey
- Long article on Ed by Ann Ronald, University of Nevada. Part of a huge site of essays on the American West. Also available in .pdf format
Abbey & Me
- Memories of Ed (with photo), written by Ken Sleight
Abbey Fest II
- Photos of the Deathy Valley region, with quotes from Ed, taken from "The Journey Home"
- Dedicated to the life and work of author Edward Abbey, includes biographical and bibliographical material, as well as critical appreciations and reader-contributed articles on Abbey's writing, and related trivia and minutae of interest to hard-core enthusiasts.
American Impressions: Arizona -- Abbey's Road
- Non-scholarly article..."Edward Paul Abbey January 29, 1927-March 14, 1989 No Comment - I was just past the boulder carved with that inscription when he appeared, more intifada- than Lazarus-like, throwing rocks and invectives in my direction. Accurately, too.
An Interview with Edward Abbey
- Transcript of an interview conducted by Eric Temple in December 1982, with a photo.
Arid Lands Newsletter #35
- A lengthy excerpt from Abbey's Desert Solitaire.
Chasing Abbey - from Outside magazine
- About Doug Peacock's trip to the Himalayas. His forthcoming memoir about his friendship with Edward Abbey is titled Walking It Off.
Critic and Crusader
- In-depth look at the man - article from the Los Angeles Times
- A Mexican writer comes to terms with the ghost of Edward Abbey. With pics.
- Someone thought Ed worthy of postage immortality and put him (with gun and tv) on a color stamp, with a short commentary
- Pages on the author at the Ecology Hall of Fame (ecotopia.org) website, including a biography, bibliography, commentary, links to related websites, and brief excerpts from various works of Abbey's.
Edward Abbey and the Nature of Ourselves.
- A very brief biographical sketch and 3 quotations.
Edward Abbey, Journeys Beyond the Wall
- A review by Sheryl Cunningham of Abbey's book.
Edward Abbey: Honesty in a Dishonest Age
- A brief page dedicated to the author, with a short excerpt from his diary, and a big color photo.
Hear His Voice
- Audio file (423k) - Ed Abbey reads a brief excerpt from Writing the Southwest.
In Defense of Gaia
- An extract from Abbey's One Life at a Time, Please, along with a short biographical sketch.
Letter to Edward Abbey from Earth: A Review
- By Stephen J. Lyons of Abbey's The Serpents of Paradise (from High Country News, April 29, 1996).
Literary triangulation and the search for Cactus Ed
- Owen Perkins searches through the Special Collections Library, University of Arizona, to provide some insights on Ed
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor