Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bibliography of Humanities Computing
- "This bibliography provides a selective list of notable and essential publications in humanities computing organized chiefly according to interdisciplinary methods and tools rather than by discipline. It is designed for the beginner rather than the specialist."
Early Modern Literary Studies
- The January 1998 edition of Early Modern Literary Studies, available online, is devoted to Shakespeare internet scholarship.
Electronic Sources of Information: A Bibliography
- Subject Index to Literature on Electronic Sources of Information
Electronic Texts, File Formats, and Copyright
- Perry Willett cites Biblical scholar's early use of electronic texts, databases, file formats, etc.
Film and Television
- Excellent collection of papers re: the influence and effect media has on culture from The English Server
From Book to Screen: A Window on Renaissance Electronic Texts
- Michael Best's article on electronic editions of Renaissance texts.
- Interdisciplinary journal dedicated to "the invigoration of the humanities, including the social sciences properly understood."
Institute for the Humanities
- Offering fellowships and public programs in the humanities and the arts, including art exhibitions, lecture series, conferences, and an annual Humanities Spring Seminar.
Literary Terms / Rhetorical Devices
- "A Glossary of Literary Terms and A Handbook of Rhetorical Devices including an Introduction and a Self Test."
Related Readings from IATH
- "In this section, we collect pointers to resources on the internet that are broadly related to the projects underway at the Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities at the Univ. Of Va., or to the general topic of computing in the humanities."
Review of English Verse Drama: The Full-Text Database.
- Creating a CD-ROM literature database by David L. Gants, University of Virginia.
Streaming Audio and Video Recordings
- "This site, will now be dedicated to posting audio and video recordings in the arts and humanities, to the same communities our text collections have served for the past seven years." Requires Windows Media Player or Real Audio
Teaching European Literature and Culture with Communication and Information Technologies
- "The papers outline a rich range of approaches to the teaching of analytical and critical skills in literary and cultural studies." An Oxford University study.
The English Server (Cyber Folder)
- "Since 1990, we have been committed to pursuing the links between technology and culture."
The Lady of May: a Case Study in the Rhetoric of Electronic Text
- Richard Bear's 1996 paper on preparing electronic texts for the internet, uses Sidney's The Lady of May as a case study
The Perdita Project
- Describes the Perdita Project, by Nottingham Trent University and Oxford University's Centre for Humanities Computing, to create a database guide to over 400 early modern and 17th c. manuscripts by women.
UWired Catalyst Home Page
- The Univ. of Washington's online resource for educators implementing electronic technology into their curriculum.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor