Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Visual Tour through Late Antiquity
- With an emphasis on Gaul and the time of Gregory of Tours compiled by Steve Muhlberger with references and illustrations of medieval art.
- Photograph and description of the Alfred Jewel - a beautiful gold and cloisonne ornament made in England in the time of King Alfred the Great.
Art in Medieval Hungary
- Overview of medieval art and architecture of Hungary, with resource guide, bibliography and regularly updated news.
Art of the Faithful Anno Domini 476-1400
- Dan Reynolds, American graphic design student, provides an attractive, illustrated outline of the development of Christian architecture in the West. GeoCities banners.
Entire Bayeux Tapestry
- This beautiful tapestry preserves the history of the Norman Conquest of England, and the saga of Harold of Wessex and Duke William of Normandy.
Guide to the Bayeux Tapestry Images
- Good images of the panels but only a very short commentary to each panel.
International Center of Medieval Art
- In New York seeks to promote the study of the visual arts of the Middle Ages in Europe. Membership, newsletter, events, conferences, publications, dissertations listed.
Medieval Art Museums and Galleries
- Portal to dozens of online medieval and Gothic art collections.
Medieval Art and History
- Association GioVe for the study and the cataloguing of early and medieval art works: sculpture, painting, architecture and mosaic.
Medieval Art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- In New York displays architectural sculpture, stained glass, metalwork, manuscript illuminations, paintings and tapestries from pre-Christian periods through the Romanesque and Gothic periods.
Medieval Wallpaintings in Danish Churches
- Image database and supporting articles from the University of Copenhagen.
Medieval and Early Christian Art
- Images of replica carved panels and sculptures in the Museum of Antiquities, University of Saskatchewan, with notes on the original items.
Netserf: Medieval Art
- Comprehensive directory of links, including manuscript illumination, murals and frescos, paintings, sculpture tapestries, artists and brasses.
Post-Byzantine Icon Art
- An illustrated introduction to the art of Greek Orthodox iconography from the fall of Constantinople (1453) to the 17th century, with related links and bibliography.
The Reading Bayeux Tapestry
- The entire Bayeux Tapestry and the tale it tells in quick loading, bite sized chunks, from the Museum of Reading. Also the story behind the Victorian copy on display at Reading.
Web Gallery of Art - Gothic
- An A-Z collection of Gothic and early Renaissance artists. Flemish, German, Italian, French and other masterworks with thumbnails enlarging to full-size. Includes artist's biographies and commentary. Also see architectural sculptors and miniaturists of the period in The Gothic Section.
WebMuseum: Gothic Painting (1280-1515)
- A brief history of Gothic painting leads the viewer deeper into the International, Northern, and Late Gothic painting periods. With commentary and full-color examples of Les Très Riches Heures, paintings of Jan Van Eyck, Hieronymus Bosch, and other Gothic masters.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor