Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Art - Rome
- Detroit Institute of Arts : Permanent Collection. Overview and clear well selected images.
Ancient Roman Art
- Ancient Roman art collection of the Academy of the Classics Gallery of Fine Art with some good if general information on Roman Art.
- The State Hermitage Museum: Collection Highlights. This varied collection of Roman art spans the period from the late period of the Republic (1st century BC) to the late Empire (4th century AD), but most important is the collection of sculptural portraits. Illustrated.
Images from History
- Collection of photographs and maps, with commentary, covering the Late Roman Empire to Early Medieval Europe, from the University of Alabama. Sculptures, relief, mosaic, painting and minor arts.
Riley Collection of Roman Portrait Sculptures
- Online catalog of the Roman portrait sculptures at the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art. Images from all angles and commentary on their historical and cultural context, with sources.
Roman Art and Architecture
- Some wonderful images grouped by Subject and Media from the University of Colorado.
- A scientific look at subjects such as Roman brick, amphoras, Corinth ceramics, Megarian bowls, terracottas.
Roman Glass - Reflections on Cultural Change
- Traveling exhibition organized by the University of Pennsylvania that illustrates how glassmaking was influenced by historical events and changing social values in the Roman world.
Roman Painting: Campanian Frescoes
- Introduces the Four "Pompeiian Styles," with illustrations, time lines and a brief glossary.
Theatrum Pompei Project
- The Theatrum Pompei Project covers the theater of Pompey and Rome during the fifties B.C.
Villa of Oplontis
- Virtual tour of the Villa of Poppaea (Torre Annunziata), features a clickable plan, information on the functions of the rooms, and good illustrations of the Roman wall paintings for which the structure is famous.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor