Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Art - Greece
- Detroit Institute of Arts gives an introduction to the topic and professional images and descriptions of items in its permanent collection.
- The State Hermitage Museum: illustrated collection highlights. This collection spans the period from 2000 BC to 4th century AD and a rich collection of painted vases.
Ancient Greek World : Introduction
- The University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology has created this detailed interpretation of Greek art and material culture.
ArtLex on Greek Art
- Greek art defined with images of examples, especially from ancient Greece, and links to other resources.
Greek Art and Architecture
- Galleries of expandable thumbnail photographs from the University of Colorado of sculpture, reliefs and architecture from Mycenae and the Archaeic to Hellenistic periods.
- An outline of the topic, with bibliography.
Hellenistic Period Art
- Annotated bibliography of sources related to Hellenistic art.
Naked Truths about Classical Art
- Essay by Ann Olga Koloski-Ostrow and Claire L. Lyons on gender and identity in Classical art.
- Ian Swindale and his students in Crete present the history of the magnificent frieze and sculptures from the Parthenon in Athens and the campaign to return to Greece those now in the British Museum.
Perseus Art and Archaeology
- A massive catalog of Archaic and Classical Greek art, buildings and sites. Each entry has a description, most with images. Tufts University in collaboration with other institutions and scholars.
Role of Women in Ancient Greek Art
- A discussion by Frederick John Kluth of Kent, Ohio, with links to related images elsewhere on the Internet.
The Ancient Reception of Pheidias' Athena Parthenos
- Essay by Kenneth D.S. Lapatin on the visual evidence of the sculpture of Athena Parthenos by Pheidias and the impact it had on classical Athens.
The New Greek Galleries - The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Explore the Mets new Greek galleries. The ancient Greek art exhibit includes a timeline with signal works, explanations of individual art objects, and gallery maps.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor