Periods and Styles
Submit a site
Burlington, Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A White House History
- The official site gives a virtual tour via a sensitive cut-away drawing. Photographs and history room-by-room of the home of U.S. presidents, designed by Irish-born James Hoban.
Architecture of 18th-Century Dublin
- Dublin is noted for its graceful Georgian squares and streets and great civic buildings. Photographs and histories from Architectural Dublin.
Castle Coole, Enniskillen
- The Neo-Classical family home of the Earls of Belmore was designed by James Wyatt and completed in 1798. Photograph, history and visitor information from Lodgings Ireland.
- The Irish Georgian Society provides a photograph and history of the magnificent Palladian mansion designed by Italian architect Alessandro Galilei.
- A fine Georgian Palladian plantation house in Charleston, South Carolina, completed in 1742. Virtual tour and visitor information, including events and school programs.
Edinburgh New Town
- Article by Jane Boyd-Brent for About Scotland on the burst of Neo-Classical architecture in Edinburgh in the 18th century and its architects, including Robert Adam. Photographs and map.
- A fine mid-18th century Irish Palladian mansion, noted for its rococo plasterwork. Illustrated description, history and visitor information from Lodgings Ireland.
Georgian Colonial Houses
- About.com provides an illustrated introduction to the simplified Neo-Classical style favored by the well-to-do in 18th-century America.
St George's Hall, Liverpool
- Photographs and history of this splendid Neo-Classical building, erected between 1842 and 1855 to the designs of Harvey Elmes and now a conference venue.
The Argory, Dungannon, Northern Ireland
- Built in 1824 for Walter McGeough, the Argory has a fine setting overlooking the River Blackwater. Photograph, history and visitor information from Lodgings Ireland.
The Portico Pages
- Examples of porch architecture in Neo-Classical and Federal styles. Includes Italian Renaissance buildings by Palladio and examples from the American South, Washington and Arlington.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor