Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bartonville State Hospital
- Page at Historic Peoria concerning this disused Central Illinois mental hospital's history and ghosts.
Dorothea Dix Hospital
- Official site of mental hospital in North Carolina. Contains history section and many historic images.
Eastern State Hospital Bat Project
- Donna Hensley designs a bat house for Eastern State Hospital grounds in Medical Lake, Washington. Several photographs.
Eloise -- The Poorhouse that Became an Asylum
- Illustrated article by Mary Bailey from Detroit News on the history of the Eloise hospital near Detroit, Michigan.
Franklin County Poorhouse
- History and photographic exploration of this 19th-century institution in Northern New York that sheltered paupers and the mentally ill.
Fremantle Arts Centre and History Museum
- History of this 1861 Gothic Revival building, once Australia's first lunatic asylum, now a museum.
Fulton State Hospital History
- History page at the Fulton State Hospital site. Includes a photo of building at this Missouri institution.
History of Eastern State Hospital (Virginia)
- Eastern State Hospital pages on the history of institution founded in 1773 in Williamsburg. Extensively illustrated and annotated with hyperlinks.
History of Rome Developmental Center
- History of New York state institution for the developmentally disabled.
History of South Carolina DMH
- Illustrated history of South Carolina State Hospital and the State Department of Mental Health.
Hospitals and Hospices in the Maltese Islands
- A history with references by Charles Savona-Ventura. Covers civil and military, midwifery, naval and seaman's hospitals and hospices for the elderly. Geocities banners.
Hospitals in Great Yarmouth, UK
- A list of hospitals from medieval to modern, with brief histories and references to surviving records, from Norfolk Record Office.
Hudson River State Hospital
- A Dark Passage expedition to the historic Hudson River State Hospital, a Gothic Revival mental institution dating from 1868.
Kew Asylum Museum
- The Australian Science Academy Project explains its creation of a museum to document the history of this 19th-century former asylum in Victoria. Includes an illustrated history by Daniel Cass.
LIRR State Hospital Spurs
- Information on Long Island, New York state hospitals and how they were served by the Long Island Railroad.
Manteno State Mental Hospital - Transform Art
- Photo gallery by Dave Halbeck depicting disused Illinois asylum.
Medical Heritage of Great Britain
- A gazetteer of historic hospitals, dispensaries, spas and other medical heritage from the Bath and Wessex Medical History Group, arranged by county.
Metropolitan State Hospital
- The Massachusetts Film Office presents this former Waltham mental hospital for use in films. Page contains color photographs.
Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center
- History of this central New York State institution.
Nevada Missouri Telecommunity
- Joplin Globe article from 1995 on the conversion of former mental hospital in Nevada, Missouri into a "telecommunity".
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor