Canoe and Kayaking
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Good Paddle
- Article about "Uncomplicating Paddle Design, Sizing and Selection" written by Caleb Davis and supported by the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association.
Baker Brothers Boats Seakayak
- Amateur boatbuilder's working journals with pictures.
Building a Plywood Canoe
- The story of building a Fisher Prospector. Attempts to give some idea of how to create a strong, durable craft with minimum cost and maximum pleasure.
Building a Redwood Canoe - Strippers Guide
- Details photographs, instructions, tips and troubleshooting for constructing a redwood canoe. Also includes related links.
Building a Wood Epoxy Sailing Canoe
- Documents construction of a 15.5 foot sailing canoe with narrative and photos and related links.
Building the Greenland Kayak
- An overview of the building process, using traditional materials. Includes tips about building and links to kits, plans, and books about building your own boat.
Cat's Paw Kayak Assembly
- Focuses on post-construction outfitting rather than showing all the details of the construction of the kayak.
Chris' Canoe Project: Building a Freedom 17 Canoe
- Chronicles the construction of a cedar-strip canoe with detailed comments and pictures. Includes boatbuilding links.
Dave's Kayak Building
- Details of building a Chesapeake LT17, a 17 foot sea kayak.
Derek's Cedar Strip
- Details of building a BearMountain Hiawatha canoe, Guillemot Double kayak, and his current project, a BearMountain Endeavour kayak.
Don's Kayak Building
- Details of personally building a Mill Creek 15 kayak.
Doug's Boat Page
- All about building kayaks and native boat technology. Includes Doug's own non-definitive introduction to boatbuilding, freeware and shareware boatbuilding software, free boat plans, photos, Q and A, and boatbuilding resources.
Grant's Stitch and Glue Canoe
- How to build an ultra light stitch and glue plywood canoe that really looks like a canoe.
- Details on building a Patuxent 19.5 kayak and a kayak of his own design, the Joy 18. Includes kayak links and a list of kayak building books.
John Michne's Boat Building Stuff
- Details of the construction of the Wee Lassie II. Includes photos with explanations of progress through the phases and problems. Each section includes a discussion about what was learned and tips.
- Includes information about fishing in British Columbia and a summary of the construction of a cedar strip canoe.
Kayak Building Bulletin Board
- Active message board for kayak building, sponsored by Guillemot Kayaks.
Kayaking with Steve and Daune in San Diego, CA
- Includes information on building a redwood Guillemot double kayak and kayaking in and around San Diego.
Ken's Temporary Kayak Pages
- Information on how he built a Euro style paddle and a Greenland style paddle, wood strip kayak construction, glassing, and extensive photographs.
- Provides information on kayak building, pictures of design ideas, resources for materials, and some general information on paddling.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor