Submit a site
Equipment and Supplies
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Kyudo Renmei
- The national governing body for all kyudo in the US affiliated to the All Nippon Kyudo Federation (ANKF). Contact addresses and home pages of the USA state organizations and dojos (hosted by kyudo.com)
Asian Traditional Archery Research Network (ATARN)
- Covers different Asian archery traditions and has some articles and discussions on kyudo
European Kyudo Federation
- The co-ordinating body for kyudo in Europe was established in 1980 and now has 14 member countries. Affiliated to the All Nippon Kyudo Federation (ANKF). Addresses of officers and member federations, some email and links
Föreningen Stockholms Kendo Allians
- A kendo/iaido/naginata/kyudo-club that has info about kyudo although they presently don't offer training. Probably still the best place to ask in Sweden. (Bilingual site: English, Swedish)
Hokkaido University Kyudojo
- A Japanese site with some English content: A gif-movie of a kyudoka in two resolutions, Japanese texts with English translation, a Japanese-English kyudo dictionary.
Indiana Kyudo Renmei
- Affiliated to ANKF/AKR, short info on background, the wadokan kyudojo, organization, news, gallery, map and contact adresses.
Kyudo Section of TSV 1847 Weilheim
- A Bavarian club with an integrated enteki (60 meters) dojo. Contact information, schedule, events, guestbook, and links (bilingual site: English and German)
Kyudo in Bavaria
- The web site of the Bavarian association (DKyuB member) offers introduction, contact addresses, events. Special feature: An animated series of pictures on Shomen and Insai-Ha technique (partly multilingual site: Index and introduction in English, German, and French)
Kyudo in Holland
- Dutch Kyudo Renmei, the kyudo association of the Netherlands (EKF-affiliated). Contact addresses, dojos and lots of pictures on one single page (takes a while to load)
London Kyudo Society
- Web site offers a short, illustrated introduction to backgrounds and history, training schedule, events, links (website also hosts the United Kingdom Kyudo Association's and the European Kyudo Federation's homepages)
Makiwara - Kyudo Information
- A promising attempt to write an encompassing kyudo FAQ with contributions of several authors, now "the oldest and most outdated Kyudo page on the Web" (according to its author)
- An illustrated FAQ with information drawn from the authors book plus further reading, addresses, and links (hosted by kyudo.com). Currently the best short introduction to the modern Shomen style in English.
- A dojo in Washington DC
My experience of Kyudo in Japan
- Bob Ridge's quite personal account of his training. Pure text.
Norges Kyudo Forbund
- The kyudo association of Norway (EKF-affiliated). Contact information, dojos, events.
- The oldest extant kyudo ryu, which also includes horsemanship / yabusame and sophisticated etiquette at court. The english part of this web site contains a very short overview of the school`s history, current events and a picture of yabusame
Omuta Kyudo Renmei
- Views of a dojo in Omuta in the Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan (English and Japanese)
- Dojo in Palo Alto, CA (AKR-affiliated). Contact information, translated texts of the Ogasawara ryu and a longer text on the "principles of training" (including more quotes from Japanese sources) are available. Links mostly dead.
- Unusal pics of fighting techniques utilizing the japanese bow in a bo-like manner, links mostly dead (English index)
Shiseikan Kyudo Dojo
- An AKR-affiliated dojo in the South San Francisco Bay area. Training schedules, contact information, and several useful texts, especially on test requirements (connected to The Kyudo Project web site)
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor