Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
Traditional Latin Mass
Liturgy of the Hours
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bishops Committee on the Liturgy
- A standing committee of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Site includes selected documents, excerpts from newsletter, and a question-and-answer section.
- The best place to find out the readings, liturgical colors and feast days for the Mass. The site is run off a database so you can request dates as far into the future as you would like.
Catholic Liturgical Library
- A site full of information about the Liturgy: official documents and guidelines, questions and answers about liturgical issues and abuses, and Catholic liturgical music.
- Only translation of the Book of Psalms authorized to be used in the English version of the Catholic Liturgy of the Hours. Also among the few versions authorized for use in the Mass.
- Homiletic service in English and Spanish, based on liberation theology. Free.
- Short explanation of the Lectionary for Mass, and of the Church year, by Kay Murdy.
Liturgical Studies and Liturgical Music
- Annotated directory. Leans toward the historical, scholarly side. These links encompass many different rites of the Catholic Church including the Eastern rites. There are also some links to some Protestant music and liturgy links.
- Introduction to a nonthematic method of liturgical planning, guide to planning for Advent and Christmas, outline of an existentialist approach to liturgy.
- Information, news, and the site owner's opinion on recent developments in liturgical law for the Latin rite.
The Liturgy Planner
- Worksheets for planning the liturgy for Sundays and solemnities. Includes model intercessions, music suggestions from several publishers. Information on subscription to the print publication.
The Mass from St. Ann's Basilica
- Online readings and interaction with Masses at the Basilica of the National Shrine of Saint Ann.
The Practice of Jesus
- Commentary on the Lectionary readings for Sundays and Holy Days of the Year of Luke, with other resources that might be useful for liturgical leaders.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor