Campaigns and Elections
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Are Term Limits Working?
- Discussion of the effect current term limits are having on at the state level. By Bob Bucher of the Independence Institute.
Citizen Legislators Congressional Caucus Foundation
- Advocates term limits for members of the US Congress. Site provides news releases, educational resources, members and directors, and statements from citizen legislators currently serving.
Citizens for Term Limit Awareness
- Supports term limits in the US Congress in order to alleviate career politicians. Includes position statement, articles on term limits, and historic quotes.
- Mailing list debate about term limits.
Congress for Life?
- Discusses the problem of careerism in Congress and a case for term limits.
Missouri Term Limits Ballot Measure goes to U.S. Supreme Court (CNN.com)
- The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments on the constitutionality of a Missouri law that requires notices on ballots that identify candidates who do not support term limits.
Oregon Term Limits
- Site presents a history of Term Limits in Oregon, political cartoons and links.
Real Term Limits: Now More than Ever
- Presents arguements for term limits and rebuffs several anti-term limit arguements.
Reform Party Platform: Term Limits
- Discribes the third party's official stance on Term Limits.
Senate Faces Term Limits (The Backgrounder)
- Article discussing Congress's 1996 term limit initiative. Includes "10 Misconceptions about Term Limits." (by Kenneth Weinstein / The Heritage Foundation)
Support Term Limits for Congress
- Provides a way to contact your representative about supporting term limits for Congress.
Term Limits Take Effect (Washington Post)
- Report on Term limit movements across the country, on a state and national level.
Term Limits Temptation (The New American)
- An extensive collection of arguements against term limits. Decrys term limits as "wholesale restructuring of our federal system."
Term Limits in Politics
- Short argument against term limits.
Term limits prevailing (St. Petersburg Times)
- Tampa mayor falls victim to term limits when voters reject an act repealing the law. (Election 2000 coverage.)
U. S. Term Limits
- National activist organization which asks candidates for the U.S. Congress to sign a pledge limiting themselves to no more than three terms in the House or two terms in the Senate. [Relies on imagemaps for navigation.]
U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 U.S. 779 (1995).
- This case explains why it is unconstitutional for a state law to require term limits for US Congressional representatives.
Voters Reject Legislator Term Limits (USA Today)
- Mississippi became the first state Tuesday to refuse to impose term limits on its legislators, four years after voters rejected similar restrictions for all state elected officials. [election 99 coverage]
Washingtonpost.com: Term Limits Special Report
- Chart showing when state legislature term limits will go into effect.
What Term Limits Do That Ordinary Voting Cannot
- This article contests the argument that we have term limits in the form of elections.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor